Two memory upgrade modules offered with same specs but different prices

SOLVED
Highlighted
Kilobyte Kid

Two memory upgrade modules offered with same specs but different prices

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade the memory in an old Samsung 400B4B from 4GB to the maximum 8GB. For the 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM modules there are two options; part numbers CT2293836 & CT3302313. I wondered what the difference is between the two, as the specs given for each is identical, & also one is ever so slightly more expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help on this

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Two memory upgrade modules offered with same specs but different prices

Thanks for contacting us. I pulled up both parts and compared specifications and it looks like the difference between the two is the density. CT3302313 is a high density memory module and CT2293836 is a low density memory module. In your system both parts will perform exactly the same and you could purchase either without any issues. I would advise purchasing the cheaper of the two. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Two memory upgrade modules offered with same specs but different prices

Crucial_YogiH wrote:

Thanks for contacting us. I pulled up both parts and compared specifications and it looks like the difference between the two is the density. CT3302313 is a high density memory module and CT2293836 is a low density memory module. In your system both parts will perform exactly the same and you could purchase either without any issues. I would advise purchasing the cheaper of the two. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you for the quick reply and lovely clear answer - very much appreciated Smiley Happy