What's the difference between BLS2K8G4D240FSBK and BLS2K8G4D240FSB

Bit Baby

What's the difference between BLS2K8G4D240FSBK and BLS2K8G4D240FSB

Hi..
What's the difference between BLS2K8G4D240FSBK and BLS2K8G4D240FSB I'm about to purchase the 16GB kit ending in FSBK from Amazon and I'm concerned if for some reason they aren't compatible with my upcoming brand new Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI and Intel i5-6500 since I just burned my old 8GB kit memory (also from crucial) for an unknown electric short in one Dimm, so I just wanted to double check with you guys before making the transaction.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: What's the difference between BLS2K8G4D240FSBK and BLS2K8G4D240FSB

@breakerion Thanks for contacting us. I pulled up these parts with your system and it appears they are both compatible with your system. The difference between the parts is  BLS2K8G4D240FSBK is a high density part and BLS2K8G4D240FSB is a low density part. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Re: What's the difference between BLS2K8G4D240FSBK and BLS2K8G4D240FSB

THanks for the info, appreciated, now another question in the same topic of memory or ram...

..Can a Dimm have a short in such a way that it can damage every motherboard slot you put it in ?? Just wondering if that happened to you in your experience , it seems that happened to me with an old 8GB kit. (one ofthe dimms is compromised and damaged my old and my new motherboard from Gigabyte.