What type of Desktop Memory do I need

Kilobyte Kid

What type of Desktop Memory do I need

[ Edited ]

I ran the online Crucial test on my desktop computer, and it said the max memeroy it could hold was 8 GB.

Right now it has two slots, and each slot has a 2 GB chip. So I guess that means each slot can max out with a 4 GB chip. 2+2=4, 4+4=8. Way to go, Jim, you're a math whiz!

I took out one of the chips, it says, on it, "2GB DDR3 DIMM 1066MHZ ROHS." I need to replace this and the other one with 4 GB chips. 

When I search for this, but with "4GB" I don;t find anything.

Can someone please point me in the right direction so I can get the 8 GB installed?  

Thanks in Advance 

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: What type of Desktop Memory do I need

Hello fairbro,

Thank you for your question and your math skills are on point!

So I can investigate this further for you, I’ll need to know a bit more about your computer model.  I want to make sure I’m recommending the correct parts for you.

When you scan your system, it will tell you the make and model in the blue box on the left hand side of the scan results.  Can you copy that information and send that to me on here? 

It would also be great if you could confirm what country you’re based in as well.  This will allow me to send links for the correct country for you.  If you do have any other questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask.

John  

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service