Which is better for my laptop? PC3-14900 or PC3-12800. Does it make a difference?

Bit Baby

Which is better for my laptop? PC3-14900 or PC3-12800. Does it make a difference?

From above. I just want to know if there's any difference, or if I can just get whichever is cheaper without losing out on performance.

System scan: http://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/scanview/2C18F7E031D926C3

I would check myself, but I have no idea how or where to find out for my specific laptop.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Which is better for my laptop? PC3-14900 or PC3-12800. Does it make a difference?

Hello Saborknight,

Thank you for your message.  Both parts are guaranteed to be compatible with your system.  The you would not notice a big difference in performance from the different parts.  PC3-14900 is the fastest but I would recommend PC3-12800.  I would recommend this, as I see that you already have 8GB installed.  The PC3-1288 would be most compatible with your existing memory module. 

I hope this answers your question and we do have a great support and guide section on our website that you can see HERE

If you do have any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask and I would be more than happy to help. 

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?