hp omen w294nz max memory

Bit Baby

hp omen w294nz max memory

Hi , i am interested in buying the above laptop . the crucial website says it supports up to 32gb ram but then it says not to exceed *Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

i wrote on the hp website and they told me you max ram supported is only 16. your website says is 16gb and i found also in amazon that is sold with 32gb  ( which is not through official hp) official hp store says only 16gb models are available. so i am totally confused.  can you tell me if i buy the above model if it would be possible to upgrade it or not?

thanks a lot!

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: hp omen w294nz max memory

Thanks for contacting us today. I pulled up your system and it does look like we guarantee 32GB of RAM. We determine this information by doing extensive testing on our part. HP may be listing 16GB of RAM as the max because they have not done testing on their end or when they performed testing only 8GB modules were available. 16GB SODIMM modules are fairly new. We do not advise installing more RAM than we recommend, but in your case we do recommend the 32GB. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service