i have a problem with my ram

Kilobyte Kid

i have a problem with my ram

i have installed my ram after it came in the post yesterday and when i go into system info it dosnt appear.

I have installed it correctly and it is compatable with my laptop i am wondering if anyone can help me, do i need to something to get it to work ?

i have a HP pavilian gaming notebook with windows 10 Home 64-bit 

it sayes installed ram 8GB 7.84GB usable it should say 16GB as i purchased an aditional 8GB and the code is CT102464BF160B

please help solve my promblem,

thanks in advance

2 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: i have a problem with my ram

i have also checked to make sure that the ram crucial reccomended was compatible and looking in the manual the 8gb already installed is DDR3L - 1600 and the ram i got from crucial also sayes the same

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: i have a problem with my ram

Hello reedy2K9,

Thank you for your post.  First of all, I’m sorry your computer is not detecting the full amount of memory that you have installed.

You said in your comments that you have an HP Pavilion system.  Can you confirm the exact model of that system?  This will allow me to check exactly what memory is guaranteed to be compatible with that model.

Can you also test the new 8GB module in the system on its own with no other memory installed?  This is the best way to check and see if there is a compatibility problem with the existing memory and the new one or a fault with the new module.  It would also be great if you could confirm the amount of black memory chips there are on the original memory module.  This is another way for me to check if it is compatible with your new memory.

Once you have confirmed the above details, I will get this resolved for you.  If you do have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.    

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service