07-23-2009 09:10 AM - last edited on 04-18-2018 08:26 AM by Crucial_YogiH
Kudos is a content rating system that lets you vote for the messages you think are the most useful or important.
When you give Kudos to a message, you are offering a thumbs up for good content and a pat on the back to its author. Your Kudos help to boost the value of certain messages and enhance the reputation of their authors.
Some common questions...
How do I give Kudos?
You can give Kudos to any posts in the community, except for your own.
To give Kudos to a message and its author:
* Click the Kudos! badge on the message.
If you change your mind about the quality of the message, you can revoke your Kudos.
To revoke Kudos you've given you only need to reclick on the kudos icon
The Kudos count is updated and the Kudos badge shows that you can now give the message Kudos again.
How can I see who's given me Kudos?
Want to know who thinks your messages are Kudo-worthy? Your Profile page is the place to start. You can also see Kudos activity for other community members on their Profile pages.
To see who's given you Kudos:
1. Click your login name to go to your Profile page.
Your profile page shows the topics you’ve participated in. It also shows who you’ve given Kudos to and who you’ve received Kudos from.
2. Click on either Kudos given to or Kudos from in order to see all Kudos activity.
How can I see which messages or authors have received the most Kudos?
On the Community home page there is a section that lists Top Kudoed Authors. If you click this it will bring you to a section that lists Top Kudoed authors and Top Kudoed Posts.
Why can't I give Kudos to some messages?
There are a few reasons why you might not be able to give Kudos to a post.
* You've already given Kudos to this message (you can only give them once).
* You wrote the message (you can't Kudo your own messages).
* Your community manager wants you to give Kudos only to a message that starts a thread and not to replies.
* Your community manager has turned Kudos off for a message or a forum.
* Your community manager has frozen Kudos for this message. You can still see how many Kudos the message has received, but you can't Kudo it any more.
Where did the Kudos number go?
Sometimes a message gets so many Kudos that we run out of space to show the number. When that happens you'll see a Hot Kudos symbol or icon instead of the Kudos count on the Kudos badge.
Accepted solutions are used to help highlight useful content and to elevate answers in search results. After a solution is accepted, the original message is marked as solved, and the reply is marked as a solution.
How do I mark a solution as accepted?
You can mark any solution in the post as an accepted solution.
To mark a solution as accepted go to the reply.
* Click the Accept as solution badge on the message.
How do I view how many solutions I’ve authored?
If you go to your profile page you will be able to see how many posts you’ve written, your kudos, and how many replies are marked as solutions.
When a user marks a reply as an accepted solution: