Any Android gamers here?

JEDEC Jedi

Re: Any Android gamers here?

I downloaded that a while back but it expected me to already know how to play Star Control II. And i've never heard of Star Control II. Smiley Very Happy

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Flick Tennis  - a very nice free tennis game with a great swiping control method. 

Double View - You're kind of playing snake through 2 different mazes at the same time. It's challenging and great fun though the free version has way too many ads so be prepared for a $1 IAP to remove them if you like it.

50 Ways to Survive - a good free platformer

Magicka - love this game on the PC - it's my favourite game for around 1 PC multiplayer.  And now it's on Android too.  You have to cast spells from various elements in real time rather than just clicking, say 'fireball'.  Leads to lots of amusing mistakes that has earned the game the title 'mage suicide simulator'

Great Battles Medieval - a pausable real time strategy game with rock paper scissors combat that vaguely resembles Total War. It auto pauses whenever you start to give orders and when you hit play those orders are carried out until you next give an order.

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Prince of Persia Shadow & Flame this is an epically good platform game! Fantastic looking and great controls clearly designed for a touchscreen rather than adopted from another platform.

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Natural Soccer - Sensi Soccer type game.  I'm rubbish at controlling it but I can;t wait for the PC version

MechCom - one of very few decent RTS games I've played on a touchscreen.  Touchscreesn are less suited to RTS than the first appear but this one is good - if basic.

Dungeon - a nice puzzle, a substantial amount of which appears to be free. You have a character you have to move from the start to the end of the level by flicking switches, directing laser beams, riding on moving platforms. And you can even add new objects to the level such as switches and choose what the switches do. There's a huge variety of things you can do and many tutorial levels to teach you to do them.

Telekinesis Kyle  - a puzzle platformer, again with the aim of moving from one end of the level to the other. In this one you have the ability to move objects around the level to help you reach the end. There's a story behind it with a Portal style 'the people testing you actually want to kill you' feel to it. The first several levels are free with an IAP for the rest.

Frozen Front  - a nice WW2 turn based strategy

Mecho Wars  - the advance wars clone finally gets a droid port!

Asphalt 8 - stunningly good driving game!  Will remind you of console/desktop driving games.  Really needs a phone with 1GB ram - struggles on 512MB devices.

Portalize  - Portal for Android. It's not entirely convenient to control on a touchscreen but pretty cool!

Mr Tigon  - nice puzzle game. This has had a load of downloads for such a new title. First 8 levels free with a $1 IAP to unlock the rest.

Shadowrun Returns - which I raved about in another thread around here got an Android port.  Tablet only

Autumn Dynasty - plays like the battles of the Total War series.  Neat RTS with nice controls

Breach & Clear  - a plan and execute special forces squad tactics game. Sort of like Frozen Synapse.

Plants Vs Zombies 2 - not yet available where I am in the UK.  And it's free and published by EA which suggests microtransactions galore. Smiley Sad

Transport Tycoon - not tried this on Android yet but the PC version was an absolute classic!

Want to be a Super User?
Community Manager

I got FIFA 14 on Android for free the other day.  It's actually pretty fun on a phone.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

Want to be a Super User?
DIMMented

Have Bejewelled 2, which is fun.

Ravensword 2 an openworld RPG, Final Fantasy, Symphony Of Eternity all of which are on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7inch tablet. Only thing I don't like is that Samsung won't let me install games or move games to the memory card.

JEDEC Jedi

I have a new favourite Android game!  And considering how many games I have - that's saying something.  This is an essential title for turn based tactics fans: Sardonyx Tactics

It has great graphics, great controls and a long branching campaign (60 hours it says!). Your characters level up and your tactical choices include equipment, selecting your team, a variety of attacks, positioning and facing, and whether to dodge enemies or counter attack. The AI seems nicely brutal too! It's more than happy to chase down your weak/injured units and stab them in the back.

First 5 levels are free so you can give it a go. Then £2.90 on droid to unlock the rest of the game.

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Dungeon Keeper ! There's nothing more that needs to be said

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Combat Monsters  - from the makers of Great Big/Little War Game. It's a Trading Card games crossed with a turn based tactics game.

Soccer Moves - it's like those turn based plan and execute games that normally involve you planning the moves for some special forces team. Only this involves planning the positioning of your players and passing moves to get a clear shot on goal.

Type:Rider - an excellent Nightsky style physics puzzle platformer. But with better mobile controls than Nightsky.

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Humble Android Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/

Some good games there for PWYW. rymdkapsel is great.Swordigo is impressive too though not especially my genre.

Want to be a Super User?