What games are you looking forward to?

Community Manager

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

I never got a chance last night to play it but will give it a go over the weekend.

They seem to be bringing back quite a few old games, I'm not that impressed that they have remade Syndicate as a FPS tho.

I did however hear they are bringing out another version which is closer to the original game.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Yeah I was unimpressed hearing that about Syndicate too.  They did the same with X-COM that i was talking about above - announced an FPS based on it before finally announcing a proper TBS remake they'd been working on for years.

I have to say the FPS of XCOM looks like it could be good.  Looks kinda like an FPS with Mass Effect style gameplay set against a 60's alien invasion plot.  At the time I hated it because it was using the only licence with a chance of getting sufficient development budget to remake my favourite game, to do something completely different!  I'm beginning to warm to it now I am going to get my favourite game remade properly. Smiley Very Happy

As for Cannon Fodder, it's great fun - but it's hard to justify its price next to all the AAA titles that are priced very little more if you shop around.  I might wait for a sale!

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

I just got the Diablo 3 beta!

Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I am a bit late to this post but, I am looking forward to Borderlands 2.

Skyrim is awesome. For a great game without all that snow check out Kingdom of Amalur : the reckoning

Community Manager

Have you played it yet?  It looks awesome so can't wait to have a go myself.

I've been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution all week, I don't know why it's taken me so long to get it as it's brilliant.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

it doesn't work! Smiley Sad  There's a bug in the current build where if you've changed your battle.net account ever you can't log in. To fix it you have to change your account email back to the one you signed up to the beta with.  The problem is that the beta sign up was literally years ago!  And I've had 3 account email changes that I can rememebr off the top of my head during my World of Warcraft days.  And one of them got phished*, and I dunno which one, so i don't want to change my accoutn back and have to wait for a client fix.

*yeah I was daft enough to fall for a past, fake, diablo 3 beta invite.  Luckily I noticed about 10 seconds later what I'd done!  Changed my account, password and setup the blizzard authenticator. Smiley Very Happy

I bought Deus Ex but I never got into it.  It somehow seems hard work to play to me!  I never liked the original to be honest.

I tell you what I got atm that I don't have enough free time for... gamersgate are selling the complete dungeons and dragons anthology for a fiver.

All the old inifinity engine RPG's: baldurs gate 1 & 2 and expansions and icewind dale 1 & 2 and temple of elemental evil.  baldurs gate 2 on its own, without expansion, weighs in at 200 hours of gameplay!

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

[ Edited ]

I've managed to login (by changing my account address back to one i used last year) but now the servers are busy.

I hadn't considered how annoying this is going to be in a single player game (which is how I intend to play).  Waiting for the traditional blizzard down time for server maintenance, patch days and the subsequent server queues.

When i do manage to get in, it's unplayably laggy.  Don't think it's FPS, I have the hardware for this (it's not that special to look at!) and it occurs the same on min and max detail.  Feels like network lag and we are currently sharing the US server so I have a latency of 500-600ms.  If that is the case, I'm not that happy about my game performance being reliant on networking.  It doesn't feel right in a game world containing only yourself.  At the rare moments when it's not lagging though, it does feel like a Diablo and seems to be relaly good fun. Smiley Happy

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

I've finished the beta.  it seemed to run better this evening with the latency in the 300's  It's really fund and addictive.  Once they've got local servers up and running and your latency is down in the 100's it should be perfect.  I can't see any reason a Diablo fan wouldn't like it.  As good as they were,Torchlight and titans Quest just weren't the same!

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

Check out the video here of X-COM for those unfamiliar with the game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-06-firaxis-xcom-is-a-very-very-big-budget-game

Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

This game is amazing for strategy fans: Warlock: Master of the Arcane

A new turn based strategy in the Majesty universe using a souped up version of the Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy engine.

It's being likened to the old game 'Master of Magic' but updated to Civilization V level of graphics.  There's a pre-release demo on Steam that is really addictive and the full game is out on may 8th for all of £15 or $20

Want to be a Super User?