What games are you looking forward to?

JEDEC Jedi

Re: What games are you looking forward to?

This is going to be a bad month for my steam wallet:

Flockers - Lemmings by the developers of Worms

Hack n' Slash - An RPG designed to let you hack it

Tropico 5 - the city building dictator sim

Transistor - the new game from the Bastion devs

Battles of King Arthur - a new TBS I'm interested in

Imagine Earth - a sort of city builder

Chronology - puzzle platformer

Max - Curse of Brotherhood - a great looking action/puzzle platformer

All that before we even get to this months big AAA release - Watch Dogs.  Which I'm half hoping is rubbish to save me some money!

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
DIMMented

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Inquistion on October 7TH.

Will consider Sacred 3 in August, since I liked the first two.

JEDEC Jedi

[ Edited ]

This month is getting even busier:

Battleblock Theater

Project Temporality

Qbeh-1

Jagged Alliance Flashback

Steam Squad

On top of the several listed above!

[edit]

aaargh!

Now a new King's Bounty, Rebuild and Panzer Tactics to add to my wishlist for this month.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Crucial Employee

I am waiting ever so impatiently for Xenoblade Chronicles X.  It's one of the primary reasons I got my Wii U.

"But I NEED tacos. I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes." -GIR
Binary Boss

I know this post is a little old, but oh my gosh I'm so excited for XCOM 2 coming out! I'm currently on my second run through of XCOM: Enemy Within with the Long War mod installed. I can 100% agree, XCOM is probably the best game I've ever played. 

targetbsp wrote:

They're remaking X-COM Enemy Unknown for release Autumn/Fall this year!  As an actual turn based strategy game like the original.  X-COM is still IMO the greatest game of all time.

Hearing this is the best thing that's happened to me today.  And it faced some stiff competition considering Apple randomly gave me an 8gb Gen 6 Ipod Nano this morning rather than replacing the battery in my 4gb Gen 1!

Binary Boss

Never knew that XCOM was almost an FPS. Just took  a look at the trailer and I've gotta say I'm glad it never came to fruition. It looked kind of ugly to me, and honestly I'm so much more a fan of the traditional TBS XCOM. The FPS version didn't look anything like the XCOM I know and love.

targetbsp wrote:

Yeah I was unimpressed hearing that about Syndicate too.  They did the same with X-COM that i was talking about above - announced an FPS based on it before finally announcing a proper TBS remake they'd been working on for years.

I have to say the FPS of XCOM looks like it could be good.  Looks kinda like an FPS with Mass Effect style gameplay set against a 60's alien invasion plot.  At the time I hated it because it was using the only licence with a chance of getting sufficient development budget to remake my favourite game, to do something completely different!  I'm beginning to warm to it now I am going to get my favourite game remade properly. Smiley Very Happy

As for Cannon Fodder, it's great fun - but it's hard to justify its price next to all the AAA titles that are priced very little more if you shop around.  I might wait for a sale!

Binary Boss

Crucial_Katana wrote:

The expansion for Faster Than Light is out today! Smiley Happy

Whoa, it's been a long time since I saw anyone mention FTL! I used to love playing it, got almost all the way through the advanced addition, but my hard drive went to **bleep** and I lost it all Smiley Sad never could get back into the full swing after I lost so much progress.

Binary Boss

Crucial_Katana wrote:

Dark Souls II will be out just in time for this weekend. Smiley Happy

What was your experience with Dark Souls? I've tried them as they come out, and I just cna't get into them. The movement and combat systems are far too sluggish in my opinion.