I need a faster computer

Kilobyte Kid

I need a faster computer

Insted of buying a computer I need to upgrade it insted to save $$$ can you guys help?

8 Replies
Community Manager

Re: I need a faster computer

Hi tonyantonio,

I would be more than happy to have a look at what upgrades your system can take.

Can you confirm the make and model of your system?  If you are unsure as to what model it is please run the Crucial.com system scanner HERE and post the scan ID number.

Once we have this information we would be more than happy to look into your system for you.

Crucial_Junket, Crucial Moderator, UK

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Kilobyte Kid

I was hoping 8 gbs of memory but I found out I run Windows Vista Buissness 32 bit so I can only run 4/8 gbs of memory

Kilobyte Kid

I'm guessing that you've already installed the maximum RAM that your system can handle (or you can afford), so...

Ready Boost works surprisingly well. You can get a USB memory stick fairly cheap (I just picked up a 16G stick for $10.00) - I recomend 8 or 16 Gig. Install the stick, open "Properties" and click on the "Readyboost" tab. It's pretty self explanatory. This is a relatively low cost option, but like I said, works surprisingly well. Also clean up your system - remove unneeded startup programs, run defrag, and clean up your registry. If you're able to spend $70.00 (or more), install an SSHD (solid state hard drive) and run your Operating System and programs on the SSHD and use your other drive for data. This obviously requires a bit of work (and more money) but can really speed things up dramatically.

Kilobyte Kid

you can use ssd drive. i'm using & beleive me it make my computer faster than it was previously. i also use potable hdd.so i can use more space for my data.

Bit Baby

I also recommend you buying a SSD for installing the operating system. Just make sure that you purchase one with 128GB of storage as Win7 and 8 eat up space like nothing else.

Bit Baby

Its better to install a new operating system like windows 7, l recommend it because it has been the most stable OS after Windows XP and get yourself a registry cleaner to repair your registry of any errors. Your pc will run faster, hopefully.

Bit Baby

if you run a windows 7 32 bits version you won't see a big difference, you should just put some more memory in your pc and switch to windows 7 64 bits or 8...