SSHD concerns.

Kilobyte Kid

SSHD concerns.

Asus g75vw is my laptop about a month ago said it was compatible with Part#ST1000LM014 , which is a sshd hybrid 1Tb and today when I used the scanner to find it again it says its not compatible only difference should be I went from win 8 to 8.1 cause I was having issues and updating actually cleared up most issues so is this just not updated yet or can I go ahead and just buy it expecting it to work? I didnt exactly want to replace my hd with another hd Id prefer to get the sshd I wanted and it to work and can't really afford a ssd about half the price of my laptop

2 Replies
Kilobyte Kid

Re: SSHD concerns.

I'm aware people might not want to answer incase they give a wrong answer but can someone atleast lead me in the right direction or something?

Community Manager

Re: SSHD concerns.

Hi TazoLatte,

Thank you for contacting us today. I am sorry for the confusion with the upgrades you are seeing on the website. It sounds like it must be an error with our web page. Your system would be compatible with ST1000LM014  if it was displayed previously. Changing operating systems would have no bearing on the HDD being compatible with your system. I would recommend searching on our site for the part number ST1000LM014 and ordering directly for that link. If you have any issues at all with that part, we do have a 30 day return period for a refund. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?