Can i upgrade my processor?

Bit Baby

Can i upgrade my processor?

Hey fellow computer enthusiasts!

Currently own a Samsung R610 which started off pretty lame, but managed to upgrade from 3gb ram to 4gb (not a massive improvement!) then from the 250gb hard drive running vista it came with to a 1tb hybrid ssd running 8.1 (which is a massive improvement!), Both things didnt cost much since I work in a place where people can recycle their electronics and if it is a laptop, i just slavage parts. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone out there knew if the samsung R610 can upgrade its processor or if there is an easy way to find out, it currently has an Intel Core 2 Duo, and its only because alot of the laptops getting recycled and either i3 or i5, the i7 once in a blue moon. If my only option to find out is by taking apart the laptop, let me know what to look for as this part im clueless on. Also, what are the pros and cons of doing this if it can be done.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Can i upgrade my processor?

Hi Demnos1985,

Thanks for contacting us today. Unfortunately, we don't sell processors so we don't have any information on what types of processors you may be able to upgrade to. I would recommend contacting your computer manufacture directly or even the processor manufacture. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?