i dont understand why laptop is lagging so much with almost no memory usage

Bit Baby

i dont understand why laptop is lagging so much with almost no memory usage

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/scanview/A35C18A631D926C3

CoreTemp-Scr.png                                                                                                                                                   hello everyone  u see what my system is in url,barley any memory touched and just basicly crawls threw everything. windows 8.1,i have done refreshes and out of the box stae factory resets,i have deleted most of the useless apps,i use it basicly for watching movies on bigscreen threw hdmi and somewhat surfing web at same time,no gaming ,i just dont get it,,im also running threw ethernet so.... and have a household with 3 smartphones and 3 laptops and one tower,not all on at sametime usual 3 mabe 4 connections at once but their are no lagging issues with the other pc's,i have also been monitoring with core temp app and here are results of that, ijdk....Any suggestions,guidence,miracles out their would be greatly appreciated,also i have searchedreviews on this laptop and their are not to many happy customers with it so.. Thanks again

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: i dont understand why laptop is lagging so much with almost no memory usage

Hi Ketti 101,

Thanks for contacting us today. It doesn't sound like the memory would be the bottleneck causing the sluggishness. When you pull up task manager how much CPU usage are you seeing? How much memory is being shown used there? My guess is it's either the CPU or the hard drive. If it's the hard drive you could look at replacing it with an SSD and you should see some improvement there.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?