Disappointment with Crucial

SOLVED
Highlighted
Bit Baby

Disappointment with Crucial

I'm not sure anyone will care to read my comments but I did want to give a response regarding the cancellation of my recent order for the refurb SSD's.

First, the e-mail I received states, "Your order is currently on hold, but should ship within 7 business days.". The e-mail went on to say that should I want to explore other product options, I should call customer support which I did because I thought the company might be willing to substitute another product for the ones that I had ordered. However, I was told that the e-mail that went out was incorrect and that there was no chance the 256GB SSD would be available to fulfill my order.  I was offered a 128GB SSD, a far less attractive product than the one I originally ordered.

This news of the cancellation was quite disappointing. One would reasonably expect in our era of technology that a company, especially one like Crucial that is in the technology business, would not take an order for a product that was not available. In addition, the e-mail that was sent seemingly indicates that the products I ordered would be shipped within seven days. Had I not called to check on options, I would be waiting for an order that never would have been fulfilled. 

It seems reasonable that Crucial would have made a concerted effort to make some arrangements to help its customers in such a situation.

Like I said, no one at Crucial may take my comments into consideration, but the actions surrounding my order serve to give me pause about any future dealings with Crucial. That's not good for me or for Crucial! There's lots of competition out there!

BG Eagle
Birmingham, AL 35216

4 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Disappointment with Crucial

Hi bgeagle,

I am very sorry to hear about the issues that you experienced with your order and with contacting us. It appears that we were able to fill your order and that it has shipped as of Feb 21st. We will be following up with the representatives you spoke with to make sure that they receive the coaching they need. We are very sorry for the confusion that was caused. Please let us know if there is anything else we can follow up with or any other information you may need.

Best regards,

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

Re: Crucial's Excellent Customer Service

After logding my complaint with Crucial regarding the SSD order, everything has been worked out. Customer Service went the extra mile to help out and fulfill my original order. So, I'm a happy camper! Thanks Crucial for steping up to the plate!

Community Manager

That's great news to hear. Thanks for the update!

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Bit Baby

[ Edited ]

So, I'm a happy camper! Thanks Crucial for steping up to the plate!..???

GuL