PSID Revert tool alpha release

Kilobyte Kid

Re: PSID Revert tool alpha release

Sorry yeah it worked, now I will check and see if secure erase works in parted magic.

Kilobyte Kid

Updateed version available -- 0.02alpha

The newest release contains these new features/enhancements:

A friendly reminder that you need to run as administrator in Windows
Support for PSID Revert on Opal v1 and Enterprise SSC compliant drives (untested)
Support for drives that take longer than 25ms to respond to a command.
Support for Drives other than Crucial/Micron, tested on Samsung EVO 840 SSD and Seagate Thin spinners (ST500LT025).

If your interested in continued status updates please subscribe to the project updates @ http://www.r0m30.com/msed I won't be continuing to announce shanges here.

Kilobyte Kid

Thanks mike!

JEDEC Jedi

Yes, thank you r0m30! In a short time you have did a pretty good job, usually done by a group of developers.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby

Big thanks for PSID Revert tool - it works on my Crucial M550 under Win7 Pro SP1 Ent x64 ;-)

Kilobyte Kid

Win 8 core,pro or Linux distro? 64 or 32 bit?

Thanks

JEDEC Jedi

How can I try it on M500 that is currently in ATA Security mode, with TestSuite.cmd?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid

I don't know much about ATA security mode, I never had a MoBo that supported it..  If I understand correctly you have to secure erase the drive to get it out of that mode??

Opal and ATA security modes are mutually exclusive so you need to get it out of ATA security mode first then you can use msed to PSID revert or run  the TestSuite if you wanted to.  I know you may not need to be reminded but PSID Revert and TestSuite  *CRYPTO ERASE ALL YOUR DATA* so you need a backup, two backups would be better.Smiley Wink

Kilobyte Kid

Hey r0m30

Thanks so much for your hard work on this project.

Didn't need your tool yet but it's a great feeling to have such an option.

I was wondering- is there any way I could donate some $ for your hard work so you can have a beer on me?

Dom,

Kilobyte Kid

I appreciate the offer but no donations are necessary. If it helps you recover your drive great. If knowing it's there so you can recover if required gives you a little peace, that's good too.  All I ask is that if you find a bug, and there will be bugs, you report it without any drama and if you can,  test the fix.