PSID Revert tool alpha release

Kilobyte Kid

Re: PSID Revert tool alpha release

msed can't do anything for a drive that isn't recognised by the bios and the OS.  You seem to have a problem that isn't related to OPAL and while I've seen threads on the forum about issues like that I don't have any experience with the problem. Sorry

Kilobyte Kid

I am happy to relay that I have tested the Windows 64bit version under Win PE5 and it worked flawlesly...in fact it worked better than expected as the drives I was testing with were actually OPAL 1.0 (not 2.0). The --scan, --query and most importantly for me, the --PSIDrevert worked exactly as expected.

Huge kudos, and thanks, to r0m30 for taking the time not only develop a native 64bit executable, but to also expand the feature set of msed as well!! Smiley Very Happy

Now I get to think about making a GUI frontend (wrapper) to simplify the process even further for our field techs. Smiley Sad

Kilobyte Kid

msed Meldung.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for msed!

My mSata 550 500GB on Win8.1.1 Pro stopped during Bitlocker Keyworking at 97,4%. I tried everithing, but have no Access.

Can I do anything more?

Kilobyte Kid

Well I don't know, you haven't said what you've done Smiley Wink

What does msed --scan say?

What does msed --query \\.\PhysicalDrive0 (or whatever you M550 is) say?

if bitlocker was encrypting the disk then eDrive probably isn't  using the hardware encryption.

If it died in the middle of encrypting then your data is probably unrecoverable.

Kilobyte Kid

http://up.picr.de/20381980vg.jpg

so, now is the right Screenshot

Kilobyte Kid

I have a Problem with my Inet Connection too today, so it needs a little Time always.

My data is save, that's no Problem. But I can't use the Disk anymore. I can't format it.

Kilobyte Kid

There is a unique PSID for each drive, it is printed on the label and looks like a GUID, replce the PSID_ALLCAPSNODASHES with that and you should be good.

Kilobyte Kid

last news

after a lot of trys - It works i think.

http://up.picr.de/20386593ua.jpg

But it dosn't help. After diskpart clean i got this message:

Protokollname: System
Quelle: VDS Basic Provider
Datum: 14.12.2014 08:52:26
Ereignis-ID: 5
Aufgabenkategorie:Keine
Ebene: Fehler
Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
Computer: Data-i7-39
Beschreibung:
Sektoren auf Datenträger "\\?\PhysicalDrive4" können nicht auf null gesetzt werden. Fehlercode: \\?\PhysicalDrive4
Ereignis-XML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="VDS Basic Provider" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49664">5</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-14T07:52:26.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>196614</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Data-i7-39</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\\?\PhysicalDrive4</Data>
<Data>54F@0101000F</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

and i cant do anything with the Disk

Kilobyte Kid

The drive is not OPAL locked,

The system event log entry didn't tell me anythig useful, Error code \\ \ PhysicalDrive4, thanks M$ we know which drive we're working on........

Have you tried using hdparm to see if the drive is ATA security locked?

Kilobyte Kid

I am shure that i haven't set a ATA Password (I am happy - i know what this is!Smiley Very Happy). The Disk was new, and i startet only Bitlocker, than it chrased. But i try to look with this hdparm. I have no ATA Password in the Bios set, only a Password for Bios Access.