Kilobyte Kid
cantgetintowind

0x000000F4 error, cant even get into Windows

Hello everyone,

Ive read and read and read and read about this error but mine is a little different.  It doesnt happen after one hour of use, it happens right away.  In fact, after the windows loading screen it IMMEDIATELY goes to the BSOD giving me the 0x000000F4 stop error.  So I can't even update my firmware if I can't even get into Windows.  Does this mean I need to reinstall my OS?  I have Windows 7 Ultimate. 

It's very frustrating not even being able to get into Windows to try and fix the problem.  I bought this 64 gb in May so it WOULD be around 5,000 hours of use but the problem is that I cant even get into Windows AT ALL.

Tried every form of safe mode, every sort of recovery tool on the Memory Diagnostics menu and NOTHING has worked.  Tried disconnected and reconnecting the SATA cables, as well as removing and putting back in the CMOS battery.

Please help!!

Thank you!

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

Re: 0x000000F4 error, cant even get into Windows

Have you changed transfer mode in the bios? Between IDE/AHCI/RAID?  That would cause Windows to bluescreen during boot.

As for the firmware, if you use the manual boot file firmware (which I personally would recommend you use anyway) then you don't need to be in Windows.  All you do is write it to a CD/DVD (as image - not data) and boot from it.  So just make a firmware disc in another PC and you're sorted.

But it does sound like your Windows install has had it.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid
cantgetintowind

Thanks for the reply targetbsp.

I downloaded the manual ISO file to a CD on another computer.  Then brought it to my faulty computer and booted the file to update the firmware.  That went successfully and the firmware updated fine.  However, I'm still getting the BSOD with the same error after the Windows splash screen.  It was default at AHCI.  I tried out the others and still didn't get passed the splash screen without getting the BSOD.

So now my firmware is updated but still getting the error.

Should I reinstall Windows?  I don't know what else to do..............

Thanks!

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

Yeah, it sounds like your Windows is trashed rather than anything to do with the drive then I'm afraid.  Re-install time. :smileysad:

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

Sounds quite familiar. Depending on what you have on your drive you may want to backup important data and reinstall Windows.

Kilobyte Kid
cantgetintowind

Thanks guys I will try to reinstall Windows and update you.  :smileyhappy:

Kilobyte Kid
cantgetintowind

BTW I also ran a Memtest yesterday to check my RAM and it passed with zero errors three times.  I am going to install Windows today hopefully that will fix the problem..

I'll let you guys know

Kilobyte Kid
cantgetintowind

Hi guys,

Reinstalled Windows now everything is working.  My computer has been up for hours now and no BSOD *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the help everyone!