Bit Baby
RussW

Apple Maverick and Crucial SSDs

Just wondering if there are any known issues with the pending release of Mac OS 10.9 Maverick and Crucial SSDs?

Thanks...

Kilobyte Kid
elapepa

Re: Apple Maverick and Crucial SSDs

in reply to RussW

There is a big problem with Crucial M4 on Mavericks. The finder is very very slow to show the content of the folders. This problem is with trim enabled and disabled.

Need upgrade firmware! 

Kilobyte Kid
elapepa

[ Edited ]
in reply to elapepa

Does anyone have this problem? You can see it at this link. I am very sad about this. It's really boring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PACMM5Xj6H4

This problem every time I boot my macbook pro.

I've M4 SSD 512gb - 070H fw

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to elapepa

Hi elapepa,

I am very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your M4 and OSX Mavericks. There is no known issue between the two, but we will be checking into it. I will post an update as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Memory Leak Geek
nimbus

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

I upgraded to OS X Mavericks (10.9) a couple days ago.  What I noticed is my read speed seems to be where it usually would be, but the write speed has dropped, and is very erratic. 

Using Black Magic Disc Speed Test.  Read speeds are 250-270 MB/s  Write speeds jump around with some very low figures of 70 MB/s up to 180 MB/s max.  On Mountain Lion (10.8) the write speeds were always around 195-205 MB/s.

I have a mid-2009 Mac Book Pro 13 inch. Trim enabler running. 

Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2                          
Revision:    000F    

Any idea what the problem might be?

Kilobyte Kid
cdoviedo

in reply to RussW

Hi I have the same problem with the new os x maverick, I reproduccen videos and everything in general is very slow.

My computer is a Mac Pro, 2008, 16 Gb RAM, SSD M500 (MU03) 480 GB.

Any suggestions to fix it? or firware upgrade is ...

Thank you for your help.

Bit Baby
gmcneil100

in reply to Crucial_YogiH
I was unable to upgrade to Mavericks from OS 10.8.5. The error message says the Mavericks was unable to create a recovery drive (I have a MU5 960 GB SSD). I upgraded the firmware to MU03 no joy. Upgrade with not take - this is on an iMac. Interestingly I was able to upgrade my MacBook Pro (retina) which an "apple" 750 GB SSD - this was a smooth and easy upgrade. Although Crucial says their drives are compatible with apple there are so many disclaimers as they make them meaningless. are there any work arounds?
Bit Baby
gbreynol

in reply to RussW

My M4 drive keeps locking up in Mavericks after a bit of time. Apps won't launch, and Safari says there is no space left on the drive despite it having over 100GB available. A hard restart temporarily fixes it. 

Bit Baby
subterminal

in reply to gbreynol
My MacBook Pro won't even boot now after Mavericks. It worked OK for the first day or two after the upgrade, but now all I get is the "missing harddrive" graphic. Using the latest firmware, 070h.
Kilobyte Kid
User79093

[ Edited ]
in reply to RussW

[Edited per Guidelines: Be relevant.]

There is a known incompatability issue with Apple Maverick OS and Crucial SSD. 

All Mac users are forced to perform bios upgrades and other workarounds!  Windows people have similar problems!

After many hours at the Apple store, the Genius could not complete the SSD bios fix.

DEAD MAC...     Hours, now DAYS of lost productivity.  Trips to Apple,  Hours on the phone with Crucial (only to be told to call back). 

The end result is Crucial did not test their product or they do not care!

I would like a refund for this non usable SSD!  I think merchantability of fitness clause sould be used in this case.