Bit Baby
Exciter

BSOD after cloning to M500

I used the apricorn ssd cloning kit to clone a hdd to a m500 ssd.

After it says successful cloning. On reboot I get

autochk not found

then a BSOD of

bad_system_config_info

stop 0x00000074

Trying to clone a Toshiba laptop drive with Win7.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kilobyte Kid
frippi

Re: BSOD after cloning to M500

Are you clonning entire drive or just some partition? I cloned with Acronis and everything went fine.

Gav
Kilobyte Kid
Gav

I am having the same issue.  I have a hp elitebook 840g1 that came with an intel ssd 180.  I got crucial m500 240gb.

I pulled the ssd and put it in a desktop and same with the m500.  I saw that there was a firmware update so I ran that first.  After it rebooted I ran Acronis.  The clone tools seem to work fine, everything is copier over.

When I place the m500 into the laptop, it boots fine all the way into windows.  But 1 second in and I get a bluescreen- endless cycle:

0x0000001e (0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0)

I then tried to use the HP restore partition to restore to this same disk.  It went through the whole restore and I got the same issue.

I've also tried Easus and that resulted in the same issue.

help? suggestions?

Gav
Kilobyte Kid
Gav

I fixed it.  I'm not sure what exactly fixed it but I'm pointing towards updating the sata drivers before cloning.  So I rebooted with the Intel ssd back in the laptop.  Updated to the latest Intel Sata Drivers.  I updated windows as well, but don't think that did it.

Cloned it on the desktop again using easus todo backup.  plugged Crucial ssd back in laptop, and the first time it hung at windows, but it rebooted and did a chkdsk.  Now its running fine I think.

I ran HD tune to see speeds.  I'm not sure if these are good/bad/or just right for the drive.

min 121 mb/s, max 387 mb/s, average 153 mb/s