Binary Boss
kevpan815
Accepted Solution

Is there a 960 GB M500 Shortage?

Just wondering as earlier today I had the money to buy it but both you and new egg were out of stock and now Amazon has completely removed the 960 from their list of products that they are selling. Ended up buying I new cell phone instead with my money (Contract Free), so my $599 went somewhere else than to you guys. :-(
2.5 inch M4 Solid State Drive with 070H Firmware and 2.5 inch M500 Solid State Drive with MU02 Firmware.
Dual Channel Surfer
alex486

Re: Is there a 960 GB M500 Shortage?

in reply to kevpan815

These are support forums for peer to peer support. I doubt if you are going to get Crucial sales people posting here or reading about how you bought a mobile phone instead of an SSD. I'm sure if there were plenty available to sell, they would sell them, so there are two possible explanations that I can think of.

1) too much demand and not enough chips/stock to satisfy demand.

2) some bug in the 960GB model and they want to fix before making more deliveries available.

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

in reply to alex486

The Crucial store seems sold out too.  I guess it doesn't have a lot of competition at that size point!

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Memory Leak Geek
roikyou

in reply to targetbsp

I was going to pick them up at launch, hesistated and they were gone. I got on chat with crucial and they said they were a month out (that was around 4/15). Couple days later they showed up in newegg, so I picked up two and they're been out since (I've been searching around to see what kind of experience people are having with these drives). For myself, no issues at all, set them up in raid. Speeds are excellent for the size, not the fastest but definately not the slowest.

Binary Boss
kevpan815

in reply to kevpan815
Thank you roikyou for that info. I marked your post as the answer as you answered my question.
2.5 inch M4 Solid State Drive with 070H Firmware and 2.5 inch M500 Solid State Drive with MU02 Firmware.