Binary Boss
ch33kster

Laptop drivers become unsigned after SSD installation

I have a 3 years old laptop, running on Core2Duo U-processors. Since it has been out of warranty for a while, I decided to do an upgrade myself by installing SSD to replace its original HDD to boost performance. However, all my drivers become unsigned, and I can only install Windows through official Windows CD, which I have, thankfully.

However, I suspect that my some of my drivers might not have been installed properly. E.g. I will get graphic hardware error message from Windows at times, when working om my laptop. This is a problem which I have never encounter before when I was using the old HDD. I am not sure whether is it related to SSD, because drivers might not have been installed properly, as I have already sold the HDD which I took out from the laptop.

Here are my laptop's model:"

Toshiba Portege T130, model number PST3EL-00X00C.

I am just wondering is there an issue with laptop's compatibility with SSD, considering my laptop is still on the old Core2Duo mobo. Also, when I did the Crucial Scan for any possible upgrades, it couldn't detect any matches, which could be possible that my laptop isn't compatible with SSD.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Laptop drivers become unsigned after SSD installation

in reply to ch33kster

Hi ch33kster,

I am sorry for the issues that you have experienced. It does appear that the Portege T130 is compatible with our SSDs. What SSD are you trying to install in the system? If it is an issue with the drivers, I would recommend checking the manufactures website to update the drivers. Please let us know if these issues are resolved after the drivers have been updated or if you are still experiencing issues.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Binary Boss
ch33kster

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Hi, the SSD I have installed is Crucial M500 120GB SSD. I did a reinstallation of Windows, and everything seems to be sort of fine now. I probably shouldn't have updated certain drivers from Windows Update.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to ch33kster

Hi ch22kster,

Thanks for letting us know that you have resolved the issues on your M500 drive. I am glad that  reinstalling  Windows sorted it out. Please let us know if there's anything else we may help you with. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Binary Boss
ch33kster

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

But do you have any idea if it is possible for me to install Windows directly from the recovery discs of my laptop? Right now, I have to do it through an official Windows DVD, because the drivers installed from the recovery discs have became unsigned.