Kilobyte Kid
Kadavreski
Accepted Solution

M500 120GB troubles

Recently bought a 120 gb crucial m500 sdd and i tried to install it in my brand new desktop. At first it was plugged alone because i had no other cable sata to plug my secondary 1 TB HDD and it was working barely ok. But since i tried to plug my other disk i ran into lot of troubles. 

My ssd apparrently had power loss, sometimes its not recognized, sometimes it is. Sometimes its in bios, then its not more, and when it is, it's not recognized by windows7 install. Its very highly unstable and the thing is my other HDD is just working very fine and is stable. I have no clue what could be the cause of all this, since there is no firmware update of the ssd, i dotn really know what to do. For now i just leave the ssd unplugged and feel like i bought it for noth.

Wonder if someone could give some clue? 

Thanks.

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

Re: M500 120GB troubles

if adding another drive caused the issue I'd play with your cabling.  try different sata ports, sata data cables and sata power cables.  I have 4 other drives alongside an M500 in the same system without issue.

You could also try a different sata driver.  Different versions of Intels Rapid Storage seems to like different systems better than others.

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Kilobyte Kid
Kadavreski

Ya, sounds pretty obvious, gonna try what you propose and see what happens, thanks man. 

Kilobyte Kid
Kadavreski

[ Edited ]

Ya, thanks cool man, it's working smoothly naw. It was coming from alimentation cable. I guess SSD wasnt appreciating sharing it with the HDD, pretty weird but well.  My loading is pretty slow, don't really know what it is about but the system works very good and stable anywya so im happy. Thanks again. :smileyhappy:

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Kadavreski,

Thank you for letting us know that this solution worked and that it was a problem with the cable. Thank you, , for supplying the solution :smileyhappy:

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service