Kilobyte Kid
zorrzoor

V4 256GB not fond by bios, shown as a ps3016s5 (2MB) after a bluescreen. used 24h~

Hi, installed My V4 256gb yesterday and just now I got bluescreen and now the SSD is shown as a ps3016s5 with 2mb memory. Tride in different pc, same problem. Tried differnet sata contact, same problem.

what to do?

Regards

Magnus Lidèn

Sweden, Stockholm

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: V4 256GB not fond by bios, shown as a ps3016s5 (2MB) after a bluescreen. used 24h~

in reply to zorrzoor

Hi Magnus,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SSD drive.  As it's showing the same error in more than one system there could be a fault with the drive.

Please contact our customer service team direct HERE and we can investigate this further for you.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
quantumrider

Re: V4 256GB not fond by bios, shown as a ps3016s5 (2MB) after a bluescreen. used 24h~

in reply to zorrzoor

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved? I just got exact same problem on a drive that is just little over 30 days old.

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

in reply to quantumrider

I think that the proper solution for it is described above. If you cannot access the drive and it is showing the same error in more than one system you should contact customer service directly.

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Bit Baby
JonBoy

in reply to quantumrider

I've just had the same problem occur.  I've had the drive about 6 months.  Yesterday morning the laptop was on, but not actively being used and got a blue screen - message was something like 'In page error'.  After rebooting the drive is no longer recognised.  Being the system drive I couldn't do much so I moved the drive to a USB caddy and attached to my desktop.  

I spoke to a support agent using the online chat.  They said the behaviour is consistent with the deleted cells not being released and I need to leave the drive powered on but unused to allow the garbage collection to clean up and then the drive will start responding correctly.

So the drive has been back in the laptop with the laptop on the BIOS screen as they advised for 24 hours.  Tried rebooting and it's still the same.  Guess it will be a call to tech support tomorrow or Tuesday (bank holiday in the UK Monday).  Will leave the drive on until then to see if it magically fixes itself.

Bit Baby
kurisucr

in reply to JonBoy

The same thing has just happened to me. I've contacted support staing that the computer froze and was unable to reboot. The ssd shows up only as 2mb century csdru3 media. I've used the drive for less than a month.\

I've yet to hear back from support but I'll leave the drive on as indicated above and see if anything happens. I'll post back later and would appreciate any updates you may have.

Kilobyte Kid
renshall

[ Edited ]
in reply to kurisucr

Exactly same happened to me. Drive was in for only 4 months, thought it would be 'faster', then switch on PC, and dead. Reporting as 2MB drive. All data lost.

It's a dead drive. End of.  And what's worse, it dies with no warning whatsoever. One day it works, next day it's a 'toaster'? Not such a big deal to me, I back up. But for all those peeps with those baby pics on the Laptop that they just 'upgraded'?

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to renshall

Hi renshall,

First of all I would like to say sorry for the problems you have had with your SSD.  The Crucial.com forums are designed as a user to user forum and if there is a problem with a product we are more than happy to look for a solution for you.

So we can investigate what is causing this problem can you confirm some details about the SSD and also your system?

Can you confirm the part number for the SSD?

The computer/motherboard model?

Have you tried the drive in another system?

Have you tried the drive in different SATA ports or with different SATA cables?

All our SSD drives come with a 3 year warranty and if there is a fault we will exchange it under warranty for you.  I am sorry for the problems you have had and we will investigate what's causing it and get a resolution for you.  We will however need you to provide more details, I do understand you said you don't want to deal with customer support so I will deal with this directly for you.

You can either reply direct to this thread or feel free to send me a private message and we will get this resolved for you.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
renshall

[ Edited ]
in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thanks for your reply.,

I don't want the 'third degree' on what system I have. It's worked fine for 4 years, until I put this SSD in.

It's no big deal to me. Others who install one of these drives and then find after a couple of months they have a dead drive might feel differently. Why not ask one of them?

I will seek another soon, prop via Google, but it won't be a Crucial product.

Sorry.

Kilobyte Kid
renshall

[ Edited ]
in reply to renshall

In fact the new SSD ***Edited to remove Crucial competitor*** works an absolute treat. It's labeled as a 'pro' drive, but is not that much more expensive than a standard one. I don't know if their standard drives are any good, btw.

Cut a long story short, it seems a better 'quality' SSD certainly sorted my problem.

I've tested it for a few days now and it all seems to be good. Short boot times, no lags, no stutters and no freezes. It flies!

If it decides to play dead and be a 2MB dead drive, like the Crucial one did, I'll post an immediate update.

But so far, so good.

Best wishes,

Mike