Kilobyte Kid
andyroberts

msata firmware update

Hi, I have a 256GB msata in my drobo, but would like to update the firmware, is this possible or do i need to take it out and connect it to my mac mini via an adaptor or something?

thanks

Andy

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: msata firmware update

Hi Andy,

I know that the Drobo can support different operating systems on it, can you confirm what OS you have installed?  If it's Windows 7 or 8  you can use the Windows update tool on the firmware page HERE.

Unfortunately if it's not Windows you would not be able to update it would a CD drive, you could connect an external CD drive to the system and do the update.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
Zarkov

Junket (or someone in the community), could you add a bit more detail? I have a Mac attached to an NAS Drobo (the 5N) via a router with a 64GB mSATA Crucial SSD installed. The Mac has a CD drive. Precisely how does one update the firmware of the mSATA SSD? I'm not even sure the SSD is directly accessible over the network while it's in the Drobo.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Hi Zarkov,

I have had a look at the 5N model and unfortunately it does not have a connection to allow a CD drive so you can update the firmware.

The firmware unfortunately cannot be updated wirelessly so you would be unable to update the firmware while the SSD is attached to the Drobo 5N.

You would have to connect the mSATA SSD to another system that has a CD drive and then do the update unfortunately.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service