Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

ssd freezing

[ Edited ]

hi all i have been reading the forums a lot lately and c that alot of other people are having the same freezing problems as me, im currently getting freeze ups at startup entering windows and also in the os opening up different applications. ''very random when this occurs'' , i have tried a new format of windows 7 and i am on the latest firmware but the problem is wtill present, absolutely getting on my nerves now, it mainly freezes up at startup and maybe 10 mins after, but after that timeframe it seems to run fine, **bleep** is goin on grrrrrr :catmad:

specs: crucial m4 64gb ssd

samsung hd103sj 1tb drive

p5q deluxe

intel q9550 quad core

2x4gb cl51066twin corsair dominator ram

750wt xs seasonic power supply

i also have some program installed and running of my 1tb mechanical drive as the ssd is only for games and a few important applications, i also may add that the motherboard is only sata 2.

also it just happened 1 day this freezing problem, i was having no issues with it up untill about a month ago :smileysad:

1.png

2.png

m4 crystal disc performance.pngnew.png

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

Re: ssd freezing

in reply to noobftw1989

How old is your drive? Do you know what firmware revision it has?

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

[ Edited ]
in reply to bogdan

8-9 months old round about. i have updated the pictures as some got deleted by fault of my own :/  firmware 070H

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

in reply to noobftw1989

SSDs SMART data and benchmarks looks okay to me. What makes you think it is the SSD that is freezing the system?

I can see some UltraDMA CRC errors reported for your HDD - they are usually caused by some connection problems between disk and host and in fact they could be a tip here. I think you could try to reseat your HDD cables or use some other SATA cable for your HDD. Or you could try to disconnect your HDD for some time in order to check what would happen :smileywink:

Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

in reply to bogdan

i will try a decent sata cable and update, well i have ran memtest and prime95 and no errors whatsoever, this leads me to think it iss harddrive related

Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

in reply to noobftw1989

i ran windows experience index as it hasnt been run propperly on my sytem yet and fingers crossed it hasnt happend since, i havnt changed the sata cable yet eaither so i will wait a few day first before i do so to c what happens, how could windows experience index fix the problem ? very very confused

JEDEC Jedi
targetbsp

in reply to noobftw1989

Interesting.  Was your Windows cloned from a HD?  Running WEI was a method used in the past to get WIndows to notice you have an SSD if it was originally installed to a HDD.  It's not something that gets mentioned much anymore and I'm not sure what change it would be making to Windows that makes it happier on an SSD but it'd be good to know if it keeps your prblems away that it clearly does something useful!

Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

[ Edited ]
in reply to targetbsp

no not a clone, fresh install with acpi enabled before installation proccess, very strange indeed, problem still there, took ages to log to windows and another time just froze up my system for a few seconds and resumed :smileysad: i have changed the sata cable also

defo a problem with these drives as lots of other people are having issues, whats going to be done about this ?

is there any error checking tool i can run on this drive ?

Memory Leak Geek
noobftw1989

[ Edited ]
in reply to noobftw1989

my system just froze for 2 seconds and then beeped once then unfroze again :/ any idea whats causing this guys, really want to find the route cause, im not certain that it is the harddrive now :?

JEDEC Jedi
bogdan

[ Edited ]
in reply to noobftw1989

Since WEI was not a solution apparently I shall ask  did you use some other SATA cable for your HDD or did you try to disconnect your HDD for some time?

You could download HD Tune and run Error Scan on both drives (it is read only test).