Kilobyte Kid
lancelot

v4 and HP DX2250 compatibility

Dear Customer Service,

I would like to know if the crucial v4 ssd disk (eg. CT032V4SSD2 model) is compatibile with my desktop computer HP Business desktop DX2250.

I 've heard that m4 and m500 models are compatibile with my system however I found v4 disks much more affordable, besides they will onlny work in ide udma5 mode I guess (my bios does has only native ide mode support).

I have also seen in some reviews that jmicron controllers are best suited to work in ide mode (much better than sandforce) and therefore I would like to know if I would see improvement with v4 ssd disk in my case (v4 does not have jmicron controller).

Best regards,

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: v4 and HP DX2250 compatibility

in reply to lancelot

Hello Lancelot,

The V4, M4, and M500 are all compatible with your system. The V4 will work in IDE mode, however, the best performance would be in AHCI mode. If the V4 is in IDE mode you will see some benefits, but not to the extent that you would if it was in AHCI mode.  Your system should support IDE mode.  Have you checked in your BIOS to see if you can change the mode?

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
lancelot

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Hi, thank you very much for your quick response.

Unfortunately the HP DX2250 model does not have an option to work in ahci mode in bios (the latest official bios 1.12 rev. A dated 09.10.2008). Therefore I understand that v4 should have no problems with native ide mode, right? I did some web research all I found was the statement on crucial website that m4 and m500 models are compatibile with my system. Additionaly I found some reviews that show great performance of jmircon controllers in ide mode (unfortunaltely the v4 model has some uknown controller). I would be satisfied if at least I woukld not see any slowdowns over my 7200rpm harddrive thats all (I dont like the sound of my hdd consatnty working trashing etc its irritating).

Unfortunaltely the DX2250 desktop has some weird AMD motherboard that in example is not compatibile with PCIE 2.1 graphic cards (only up to 2.0) so I would really apprectiate if you can 100% confirm that v4 drive will work.

My system specs are here:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/12454-12454-64287-321860-3328893-3310266-3310267-33172...

Again, thank you very very much for help!

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to lancelot

You are welcome. The V4 will  work in your system and work faster than a 7200 rpm hard drive if you do use it in the IDE mode. You will also gain the benefits of the not having moving parts and less heat.  It will just run slower than if it was able to run in the ACHI mode.

Bit Baby
migel_prado

in reply to lancelot

I have also seen in some reviews that jmicron controllers are best suited to work in ide mode (much better than sandforce) and therefore I would like to know if I would see improvement with v4 ssd disk in my case (v4 does not have jmicron controller).
Best regards,

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

in reply to migel_prado

Hi migel_prado,

Thank you for contacting us.  What system would you be putting the V4 in?

SODIMM Sherpa
Holt

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Do yourself a favor, get an m4, m500 or any other SSD with a better controller, but avoid JMicron or unkown ones. The v4 does have a Phiosn S5, by the way. Even if your system hast only the IDE mode, the performance of small transfers is much better more important for the everyday performance then the max. transfer rates, Low-End Controller do not offer good 4k performance and I am not talking about IOPS at high Queue Depths.