Kilobyte Kid
millia

Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H: what ram for it?

What ram should I use for the Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H?

I'm no longer running Windows, so the scanner won't work anymore. It's not in the ram finder.

I'm figuring the CT12864AC800 is correct, but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks.

Crucial_maulmod

Re: Acer Aspire Revo AR1600-U910H: what ram for it?

in reply to millia

Hi millia,

The information on this system is really limited.  The type is DDR2 and there are two slots, however I unfortunately cannot confirm the speed, module form factor or maximum capacity.  You will be able to install at least 1GB in each of the slots and 800MHz is a good speed to go with since memory is backwards compatible anyway.

If the module is physically 2.5" long then the part number you have below (DDR2 SODIMM) is correct.  If however, it is longer, approx 5", then you will need a DIMM module which is part number CT12864AA800.

If you are able to open the system and look at the original module, it should hopefully give us more information to confirm compatibility of parts.

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid
millia

in reply to millia

Honestly, it's been a week. Surely somebody from crucial could have figured this out by now. Y'all have to have contacts with all the manufacturers. (And it's been available for at least 3 months that I know of.)

They're selling like hotcakes because of this lifehacker article. It works great, but I'd still like to max out the ram.

Aspire Revo 1600. C'mon, people.

Kilobyte Kid
millia

in reply to millia

Heh. Had I been patient for one more minute...

I'll crack it and look at it today...

Kilobyte Kid
millia

in reply to millia

One more thing. The article should make this clear, but this machine is basically the Atom dual core Nvidia Ion LE chipset. As such, it's basically a laptop mobo in a desktop case. But I don't know of any odd mods they've done. Is there an ISO mem checker (or Linux mem checker) that y'all can recommend. I can get all sorts of info out of the system about the ram, but I don't know enough of the odd settings to know if it will need something different, or if stock stuff will work. 

I just go to crucial and take what it tells me. Makes a sysadmin's life easy. :smileyhappy:

Bit Baby
gibjabtheclown

in reply to millia
I just got an Aspire Revo. I ran the scan utility. The following is a list of what our scan was able to detect: System Manufacturer: Acer System Model: Aspire R1600 Motherboard Manufacturer: Acer Motherboard Model: FMCP7A-ION drop down arrow Your Computer Specifications 1024 MB EMPTY * Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB * Currently Installed Memory: 1024 MB * Available Memory Slots: 1 * Total Memory Slots: 2 * Dual Channel Support: N.A. * CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel * CPU Family: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU 230 @ 1.60GHz Model 12, Stepping 2 * CPU Speed: 1600 MHz I am also looking to upgrade my ram
Kilobyte Kid
millia

in reply to gibjabtheclown

It appears that they've been added to the system. This is good, as I'm still waiting on my spudgers to get here and could not open up my case without scratching it...