Hello Crucial forum

Yesterday I bought a new RAM module, Crucial CT51272BB1339:
*1 module
*4GB
*240 pin
*DDR3 PC3
*1333mhz
*CL9

I've installed it and my monitor doesn't respond, it gives a blank screen. I've tried to update my BIOS and reinstalled the module but with no success.

I also installed it properly (well I think): placed the module and pushed it in with quite a force, I didn't close the clips of the slot manually. I also pressed a little bit further after the click but hasn't had any effect.

I also tested the module in an other slot but again no response. Conclusion is that the slot isn't broken because I also tested an old module in the slot of the new one.

I don't know what the problem is because I installed extra RAM a few months ago the same way without any problems.

I've read a lot of posts on forums about this but can't find anything that solves my problem.

My PC quick specs (HP Pavilion Elite HPE):

*Windows 7 (64-bit)

*currently 8gb RAM:

2 Samsung of 2gb

1 Kingston of 4gb

*Intel Core i7 860

*Nvidia GeForce GT320

Hope anyone can help me, thanks in advance!

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

Re: Blank screen after adding 4gb of RAM

in reply to brco900033

Hi brco900033,

I am sorry that you are having issues with your new RAM. It does sound like you have done all the basic trouble shooting I would recommend. What model of HP Pavilion Elite HPE do you have? If we have the exact model we can pull up your system and see if the RAM that was purchased is on the compatibility list for your system. Thank you in advance for this information.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
brco900033

in reply to Crucial_YogiH

Sorry, forgot to mention that: It's a Pavilion Elite HPE-315be.

... And yeah I tried to fix it myself before asking on a forum because there are a lot of posts about this. Don't wanted to start another one, but know I don't have much of a choice.

PS: I'm pretty sure it is compatible because the RAM I bought earlier had the same specs, but did not specifically checked for this module with the System Checker on the site here.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

in reply to brco900033

Hi brco900033,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had a look in to this problem for you and the memory you have ordered is the wrong type for that system.  The memory you have ordered is registered memory when your model can only use unbuffered memory.

Registered memory is generally used in server computers and not home computing so that's why it will not work.  You can see all the compatible memory for that system HERE.

If you ordered the memory directly from Crucial we would be more than happy to arrange an exchange.  If you ordered it from a reseller please contact them to arrange a refund or exchange for unbuffered memory.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
brco900033

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Ah well, not compatible, that's just me... Thanks for the reply, I really like the support here on the forum.

I bought it from a reseller, I hope they will exchange it for the compatible one. Next time I'll buy directly from the site because of the better service.

Thank you very much, Brecht