Bit Baby
louisfrenchy

HP - Compaq HP Z210 CMT Workstation Memory Upgrade Crashing in Windows 7

Hi,

Got myself the 2 x 8GB (2x4GB) kit to upgrade my Z210 to 16 GB. Since using the 4 x memory modules from Crucial my PC keeps from time to time, almost from daily use, crashes with blue screen of windows. The error on blue screen is related to memory management.

I did a memory test and it said all modules are fine, but the blue screen happens during program usage, regularly.

Are there any settings changes required in BIOS to use the modules ?

Thank You

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: HP - Compaq HP Z210 CMT Workstation Memory Upgrade Crashing in Windows 7

Hi louisfrenchy,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your memory.

Can you confirm the part number that's printed on the memory modules?  It will begin with CT and look something like CT51264BA1339.16FE.

You said that you also tested the memory, was this using memtest or another program?  Is it possible to try each memory module one at a time in the system?  This is the best way to check and see if there is a fault with the memory modules.   We do also have two versions of this system in our records, do you have an i5/i7 processor or an Intel Xeon?

If there is a problem we can arrange an exchange for you no problem at all.  Once you have confirmed the part number I can check and see if it's a compatibility issue. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
louisfrenchy

Part number is CT51264BA1339 C16FER2 . The C16FER2 could be C15FER2. Hard to read.

I tested the memory after reboot in BIOS. Not tried loading one memory slot at a time and see. Will try this as well to detect. My processor is Intel XEON.

Please advise

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Hi louisfrenchy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked in to this system and the memory you have ordered for this system is compatible.  When a memory module is faulty it generally crashes the system very quickly and not after a few days use.

There could be an intermittent fault that's causing it and it would be great if you can test each module one at a time in the system.  It could also be down to the system overheating under use.  Do you have the computer stored in a corner or a room or somewhere with not a lot of ventilation?  If it's happening under use it could be that the system is overheating and causing the computer to shut down.

Please let us know how it goes with testing the memory modules one at a time.  If any are faulty we would be more than happy to arrange an exchange for you.  To arrange an exchange please contact the customer service team for your area using the links in my signature.  When you contact them please provide your name, address, part number and issue you are having and they can arrange an exchange for you.

Bit Baby
louisfrenchy

Thank you for a response.

I don't think it's related to overheating, as my existing 8 GB that came with the Z210 never restarts with a blue since since almost 2 yrs now, and workstation is left on for weeks. For some reason I can't combine my existing memory that came with the box with the ones from Crucial. The crash is pretty much daily actually after few days of use. I will test each module one by one and advise.

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Hi louisfrenchy,

Have you been able to test the memory one at a time in the system?

If so can you confirm what happened and if there is a faulty module we would be more than happy to arrange an exchange for you all you have to do is follow the steps in my last reply to this thread.

If you need anything else at all please don't hesitate to ask and we would be more than happy to help. 

Bit Baby
louisfrenchy

I will start investigating soon. I actually got total 32 Gb (8 x 4Gb) set from Crucial. The first 4 x 4 GB, I used I experienced the issue. I tried the other 4 x 4 GB since few days ago, and up to now no crash, other than noticing from Task manager that a fair bit of physical RAM 50/50 split between Cached and Available leaving Free Physical Memory under 500 MB .

Anyway now will be able to see from 4 x 4 Gb that was first used, which would be faulty by just replacing 1 x 4 Gb at a time and see if I still get the blue screen. This should identify a faulty module.

A few days to a week max should hopefully suffice.

Thank you for your patience.

Community Manager
Crucial_YogiH

HI louisfrenchy,

Thank you for updating us about the issue with the 4x4GB of RAM. Please let us know how everything goes.

Thanks again,

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US