Bit Baby
GeoffB

HP Pavilion 11 Netbook service door?

I need to 'open the service door' according to the manual in order to put in my 8GB memory stick.  I have removed the battery and slid the service door tab to open, but that's as far as I got.  Is the service door the whole of the back of the machine as there seems nothing else there to open!

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: HP Pavilion 11 Netbook service door?

in reply to GeoffB

Hi GeoffB,

Thanks for your message.

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues installing your new memory.  I was unable to find an exact installation video for that model but I have found a video with a similar Pavilion which shows you how to access the memory bay.

You can see the video here:  http://youtu.be/RPsuQCmEHIw

We would also be more than happy to talk you through the installation process on our free phone support number.  You can call the UK office on 0800 013 0330 or if you're calling from a mobile you can call at a reduced rate on 01355 586 100. 

Please let me know how it goes and if you're still having issues we can look in to it further for you. 

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Bit Baby
GeoffB

in reply to Crucial_Junket

Thanks, but my model is the tiny 11 inch one.  It has no screws at the back, just a solid backplate.  I've removed the battery and there's a slider by the battery bay which is marked 'service door'.  This releases a tiny catch inside the battery bay which seems to loosen the entire backplate.  I'm just wondering if, by service door, they mean the entire back of the computer.  It will take a bit of muscle but I can probably remove that, but want to be certain first.  Not sure if it's  netbook or notebook.  Anyway, they only do one Pavilion 11 inch.

Bit Baby
GeoffB

in reply to GeoffB

Finally did it.  The 'service door' is actually the entire back of the computer, which was very hard to remove as it had never been taken off before.  I used a wooden kitchen spatula to gently prise up the more recalcitrant bits and then suddenly it lifted off.  The memory replacement was then a doddle.  Users of these mini computers might need to be warned that they can't unscrew anything (as in most of your videos for other laptops) but need to prise off the entire back of the machine.  I'd like to see a video of one of your technicians trying to get the back off a new mini laptop like mine to see if they have any special way of doing it. (Memory now recognised and noticeable improvement in some applications),