Bit Baby
Neuw84

Problem after memory upgrade

Hi there,

I have bought a 2x4Gb kit for my Acer C7, When I put them the are recognized correctly and they seem to work (didn't test them too much but the computer boots an stays for minutes) but whenever when I want to wake up the laptop from suspend it just reboots itself. I tried all the possible combinations but no one work. It only works with the original module alone. 

The part I bought is CT2CP51264BF160B 4 GB DD3 12800 SODIMM 1.35v 204 pin

Thanks for advice

Community Manager
Crucial_Junket

Re: Problem after memory upgrade

Hi Neuw84,

First of all I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your system after the memory upgrade.

There could be a couple of different reasons for this, however it does sound like it's a power management setting within your system.  What I would recommend is trying each of the new memory modules one at a time in the system.

This is to check and see if it's a possible speed issue with the memory you have ordered.  If you're still getting the problems with each module on it's own then try it with one new and one old.  If your original memory is a slower speed that then PC3-12800 memory it means it will clock down the speed of the new module and this will tell you if it's a speed problem.

What I would also recommend would be to contact the Google Ninjas who can also recommend some settings changes for you.  You can contact them at the following link:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/1280301?hl=en

It does not look like faulty memory but instead a setting needs to be changed.  If there is a problem with the memory we can arrange an exchange for you, just contact us in the link in my signature for your region.  If it's down to speed and you ordered direct from us within the last 45 days we can arrange an exchange for a different speed, if you ordered from a different vendor please contact them directly.  Please let us know how it goes and if there is anything else we can help you with.

Junket, Crucial Moderator UK
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service