Is this website a Scam?

Bit Baby

Is this website a Scam?

[ Edited ]

I just attempted to place an order and when I entered my payment info it told me that it was incorrect, so I entered it again, I received the same message. I wondered if it was an issue with my card, so I tried a different card, and received the SAME message. So my order will not go through, BUT when I check my credit cards I now show 3 pending charges for Crucial.com. I attempted to use the Chat feature, and despite it being during the hours it says it is operational I received a message that it was not available and I need to just send a message. I did that but receive no confirmation of any receipt of the message I sent. I then attempted to call customer service to get to the bottom of this, and chose the appropriate selection on the auto-attendant menu only to have it ring endlessly, no messages, no voice mail, nothing. If those 3 charges go through this will be reported to the BBB. It would seem this website is fraudulent and should not be trusted. 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Is this website a Scam?

[ Edited ]

@be00429 I am very sorry for the issues that you have experienced on our site. We have reported this issue about the payment card details disappearing and we are working to resolve that now.  What region are you located in? Our US site is open from Monday - Friday: 7 am - 6 pm (MST). Our EU site is open Monday - Friday 0800 – 1800 (GMT). I would advise calling us directly to finish up your order or for any further information about the status of your order. Our contact information can be found in my signature.  As far the pending charges go these are preauthorizations. The preauthorization entry may appear on your card statement as a temporary hold for a duration of time governed by your card issuer’s standard practices until the card issuer determines they should fall off. You do not appear to have an order in our system, so these charges will fall off on their own. Please contact your card issuer if you have questions regarding how they handle authorizations and subsequent charges for online transactions.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service