Shipment information

SOLVED
Kilobyte Kid

Shipment information

[ Edited ]

Greetings!

I have a crucial ballistix kit (ddr2; 2x1gb) and one of them died.

So I would need to send it, but I live in Hungary and the shipment cost is pretty high.

I want to know, if I sent it back to England for warranty replacement, and it will successfully replaced -->

Who will pay for the shipment for backwards (from England to Hungary)? (The Crucial or Me (with collect on delivery))

Thanks in advance

dutsh

3 Replies

Re: Shipment information

Hi dutsh,

If you send the parts back to us for warranty replacement there are no monetary transactions involved, it is simply a like for like exchange.  Once we receive your parts we will send the replacement order out to you and there is no cost implied by us for this.  However, we recommend that you send the parts back to us by an insured and trackable service which you would need to arrange and pay for yourself.

You can use the link below to set up your return:

EU Returns

Thanks

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Kilobyte Kid

[ Edited ]

Hi again,

I think, I didn't use the correct words, so I was ambiguos.

"If you send the parts back to us for warranty replacement there are no monetary transactions involved, it is simply a like for like exchange. "

-> Absolutely understand.

"However, we recommend that you send the parts back to us by an insured and trackable service which you would need to arrange and pay for yourself."

-> The 1st part I wanted to know.

"You can use the link below to set up your return:

EU Returns"

-> I don't want to start the procedure until I don't get an answer for the 2nd part of my question.

So the 2nd part I want to know:

How do send the parts back for me? I'm only interested in the postal cost/postal charges. (Just: Who pay for this?)

"order out to you and there is no cost implied by us for this."

-> It means that I don't need to pay for the post back to me?

The point of my question:

The " insured and trackable service " costs nearly as much as a new RAM. (Just the postal cost from me to you). And if I need to pay the postal cost twice it is already more expensive.

Hi dutsh,

I understand your concerns and I apologise if I was not clear. 

We will ship your replacement order by UPS and there will be no shipping charge from us in the UK to you in Hungary (we cover this).  As you are within the EU there also should not be any local duties applied when it arrives, however please check this with your local customs office to confirm for definite as this is something that is outwith our control.

I hope this helps.

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service