Warranty question

Kilobyte Kid

Warranty question

Hi there.

I bought the CT2K8G3S1339M 16Gb kit from amazon three months ago.

All good until a few days ago when my iMac started crashing. Several reboots later I got three beeps indicating the RAM was bad.

As I had the 16Gb kit installed along with the original 4Gb of RAM, I removed the original RAM to see if I could confirm which kit was the problem.

The machine crashed when the 16Gb kit was installed but not when the 4Gb kit was installed. 

Is there any more testing I need to do to confirm the RAM is defective? Given I bought this from Amazon US and live in Australia, how do I effect the warranty?

1 Reply
Community Manager

Re: Warranty question

Hi stroppyoz,

We are sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your RAM. If it worked for a few months it does appear that it is most likely defective RAM. To help determine if the memory is faulty, you can use the Apple Hardware Test or Diagnostics.

You can find specific details on how this works and how to run it at the following page of the Apple website:

http://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201257

For warranty support you may contact our US office and we will arrange a warranty replacement for you. Our contact details may be found in my signature.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service