BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB on a Asus R4E still having problems

Kilobyte Kid

Re: BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB on a Asus R4E still having problems

Well I can still see my speed afterwards but I don't even see that BALLISTIX BY CRUCIAL 1.2.0.0 part.  it beats the Christmas rush and skips right to the fail part.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Crucial 32 GB DDR3-1600 Ballistix SMART Tracers
Intel 3930-K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2 GHz 6 Core 130 Watt CPU
Dual AMD Radeon 6970 graphics cards in Crossfire
Rosewill 1300 Watt Power Supply
5 WD HDD 2 - 2TB Black Editions 2 -1.5 TB Black Editions and a 1 TB
Sound Card Creative Labs Titanium Fatality PCI-E
Kilobyte Kid

Nothing like instantaneous fail!  LOL!  Well I'm glad it's not just me here.  I thought perhaps this Asus board had yet another dummy protection thing happening.  It would be nice to see a CRUCIAL person come on and toss in a few words of wisdom here.  Why is this a fail situation?  I can't even yell at Asus forthis one.  Well I was going to ask you if you had Dual Color Smart tracers but that would be a dumb question due to your running this program.

My old Tracers and Old Gigglebyte Mother Board GA-X58A-UD5 board triple channel.  These worked good and I had quad channel of these on my Asus R4E till I just purchased 8 sets of these for me and my son.  I don't have a new picture of them but they only flash BLUE.  No Orange.  Are yours only flashing one color?

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Kilobyte Kid

Oppps!  Would help if I would have added that old picture to that last post LOL!

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory Hawg

[ Edited ]

The images you posted on the post at the top of this page are way to small to see any details, just a heads up.   Upload the full size and post it, the board will shrink it and then when viewers right click they can view the full image.   Or also add a direct link to the full image right under the one the board auto shrinks.

I have the original DDR3 tracers, the first ones,and yes only one color on top and bottom.  It's this model I have and I don't think the app ever worked for them, just showed info and such no temps or LED abilities.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148250

Do you have those same kind or similar, looks like it, and you can dim or control LED's?   I think they have to be smart tracer to control the LED's

Kilobyte Kid

Screen Shot of Memory.jpg

Screen Shot of Memory002.jpg

No I just replaced these tracers with the new ones listed above BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB.  Just GOOGLE this number and these are the new ones I have.  This picture was of my old X58 Gigglebyte board board.  These are triple channel.  But I did add 2 more to my New Asus R4E Quad channel Mother board so imagine.

My son has a poor friend who was a drug addict for years.  he has been sober now for 5 years and as a gift I gave him this board and built him a computer.  LOL!  I gave it to him for Christmas Smiley Happy  I wanted to help him and reward him for not giving in to the dark side.

DSC_3337a.jpg

WOW!  had to shrink that one way way way down.  LOL!  I like lights and think they make it really different.  I am also a neat freak.  Things have to be just right.  God I miss my Zalman CPU fan Smiley Sad  Would not fit and they had no mods for the LAG 2011 so I gave it to him as well.  This was my Gigabyte LGA 1366 i7 920 with 12 GB DDR3 1600's.  I didn't give him my Tracers though.  I added to them and added another channel's worth for my new Asus R4E

DSC_3353a.jpg

These are my Older Ballistix Tracers.  This was when they were not lighting up.  WOW!  Picture size limit I had to shrink these like 80 percent..  But I showed Asus that these were not lighting up.  That is because of the 3.3 volt VDD SPD being removed cause of a few idiots that have not business doing this stuff if they can't tell the difference from a small side to a large side on those DIMM sockets.  I had to remove this board and send it to taiwan and have them fix the lines.

But my son would not give up his R4E but he says now he will because the new BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB will not even work on this board withoutthat 3.3volt line working.  His R4E will not even start up at all.  I will take a picture of the new ones tomorrow.  My Nikon N90 will take pictures in ISO 6400 so it's easy to take low light DSLR pictures.  I will even show you the new Patterns that the new ones do in a video if that is possible on here.  i will try and upload it and drop you the link.  the new ones are really sweet looking and if the Orange ones would work they would be cool as **bleep**.  If you look atthe Model number BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB  <<<<<<  The OB at the end I assume means ORANGE/BLUE  they also have BLT2KIT4G3D1608DT2TXRG   <<<<  RG  meaning RED GREEN.  But with my colors in mine I wanted the Blue Orange ones.  The ones you see pictured here are my Older DDR3 2x2 GB ones for a total of 16 GB but these new ones are 2x4 or 4 GB per stick for a 32 GB (If Microsoft would let me have it without upgrading).

I also hate that Thermal Take CPU Heat Sink.  But at the time it was the only what I thought good looking one out.  As you know they are still not up to speed on making CPU fans/heatsinks for these yet.

DSC_3381a.jpg

This one was actually my son's  After sending this board out I now have the second PCI-E slot sort of not working.  According to Asus and this I have yet to look into because this Thermal Take heatsink I don't think will take much more taking on and off any more.  It really is a piece of junk I hate it.  But something to be aware of is that he tells me that the CPU will have to be reseated.  The second PCI-E slot recognizes a card going into it.  It will actually light up or turn on most features of the card.  But when you go to put the drivers in it will not be found.

I find out that these CPu's if just a bit off or not making 100 percent contact with the bus line pins it will malfunction like that.  So when I can find a suitable replacement I will reseat it and replace this nasty Heat Sink.

DSC_3444a.jpg

Sorry for the book here and the huge amount of pictures.  I have built 100's of computers and I could sit here and talk computers all day long.  I am a retired Engineer of 25 years.  I got hurt on the job and took care of the State Police Communications in my state as a sub contracted Engineer for them for 15 years.  I took care of all of the systems for them.  But the computer part I loved the most.  Now I just build and sell (and give away LOL) computers for a fun hobby.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Kilobyte Kid

I don't think that got any bigger for you LOL!  I will work on that tomorrow.

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Hello Magz,

This post has nothing to do with your current issue but congrats on getting that "other issue" resolved! Now, could you please take a moment to update the other issue thread with your final mobo solution (including steps to get that mobo back to ASUS for modification)? Your hard work on that issue was very much appreciated.... can't wait to Kudo that final solution!

Best regards,

norepli 

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Kilobyte Kid

OK Then I will update the other page but please inform me if it is in the works to fix the Crucial MOD Program that will work with Windows 7 x64 Bit with a X79 Chipset?  Give me a solution for that and I will Kudo you Smiley Happy

Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Bank and Slot Hot Shot

Hi MagsZ,

I wish I could offer you a solution but I can't. Only Crucial can comment on their progress in that area. Maybe they'll chime in with an update on that issue.

Did someone help you today? Please click the star (on the left) to "Thank them with a Kudo!"
If a specific post answers your question(s), please "Mark it as the Accepted Solution."

About me:  I do not work for Crucial but I trust and use their memory (exclusively) when upgrading.
Memory Hawg

Thanks for the larger images, now I can read the info in the ones showing CPU-z, ect.  

Those are very nice looking systems you've built there, I like tinkering with computers all day myself too, so I know just how you feel! Smiley Wink

I bumped that main thread for the MOD utility, but I'll also go ahead and put in an official question for the Crucial team about updates for X79 in our VIP area here on the forum.