Crucial M500

Dual Channel Surfer

Re: Crucial M500

[ Edited ]

felix wrote:

Is it correct thet 5th of April is the Official release Date ?

I've heard before that the release date is the 9th of April and in my country and many others, it is already that date.

Now it is the 9th of April in Europe, we can see the M500 is shown in the UK store:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/ssd.aspx

Not all the links are active, so it might not be possible to buy right now, but if you do a search of amazon.co.uk there are some for sale there too. If you wait one day from now, it should be available worldwide - for ordering at least.

Edit: from these links it appears to be possible to add the M500 to the shopping cart:

http://www.crucial.com/store/listmodule/SSD/~M500~/list.html

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listmodule/SSD/~M500~/list.html

Edit again: add USD prices.

Crucial M500 120GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5" Internal SSD:  $129.99
Crucial M500 240GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5" Internal SSD:  $219.99
Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5" Internal SSD:  $399.99
Crucial M500 960GB SATA 6Gbps 2.5" Internal SSD:  $599.99

Kilobyte Kid

So yeap it's apparently ready for sale, how is it possible there are no reviews of this yet? No stats to show speed or anything.

JEDEC Jedi

[ Edited ]

The specs are out there (iops etc) from when the drive was announced.  But I am looking forward to seeing some benchmarks from someone!

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
JEDEC Jedi

[ Edited ]

This review is probably the first one Smiley Happy

Edit: Or maybe not the first oneSmiley Happy

Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
How do I know what memory to buy?
Still need help? Contact Crucial Customer Service
Remember to regularly backup your important data!

JEDEC Jedi

Wow!  They seem to love it.  Want one.

We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Seems very nice....performance-wise is M4's next step, low access, high writes...

capacity-wise is what workstation needed so far...4x 960GB in R-5 on my LSI would be great for my storage....

and lastly...the price...960GB -> 564€...are you kidding me ? only good 512's so far at that price...double (almost) the capacity and keep the price ? great...

let's see other reviews and what happens with compatibility and reliability and that drive will also become a superstar like the M4

Binary Boss

[ Edited ]

Why doesn't Anandtech get the same performance then all the other reviewers? He has not even got 400MB/s with AS-SSD seq. reading. As he messed up with the ATTO Images, confusing Read and Write, I guess something went pretty wrong in his review.

Kilobyte Kid

Any idea if this (being newer than the OCZ Vector and Samsung 840 Pro) is better than the aforementioned SSD's in real world use yet?

Also, perhaps the bigger question, does or will this SSD suffer from the same 4k-64thrd issues as the M4? Because if it does, then I would reconsider buying a product whose performance drops so significantly in a matter of months.

Binary Boss

[ Edited ]

If you are worried about performance drops, you should forgett at least the first in your list, as that can not even wirte its full capacity with the same speed the drop after writing half is significant.

Lets hope the 4k_64 issue (beside that SATA specifies a limit of QD32, QD64 is double of that limit) and some strange issues in soume FW Updates will be a matter of the past. The performance of the M500 is verry impressive, I did not excpet that much.

Kilobyte Kid

Those reviews were certainly nice read.and access times look very nice also.