04-21-2014 06:41 AM - edited 04-21-2014 06:49 AM
It's not finding any of my drives and I have two. (The crucial M500 and another SSD)
I am using Windows Pro 8.1 by the way.
This is the output:
- 08:37:08.000 DBG : Log level set to DBG4
- 08:37:08.000 DBG : Performing diskScan()
- 08:37:08.000 DBG4: Creating diskList
Scanning for Opal 2.0 compliant disks
- 08:37:08.000 DBG4: Creating MsedDev::Mseddev() \\.\PhysicalDrive0
- 08:37:08.000 DBG1: Error opening device \\.\PhysicalDrive0 Error 5
- 08:37:08.000 DBG4: Entering MsedBaseDev::isPresent()
- 08:37:08.000 DBG4: Destroying TCGdev
No more disks present ending scan
EDIT: Sorry, forgot to run as admin. hehe
04-21-2014 07:05 AM
04-21-2014 08:32 AM - edited 04-21-2014 08:35 AM
The tool is working. I could secure erase with parted magic afterwards. Thanks!
Owleyes, you need to replace the PSID_ALLCAPSNODASHES part with the PSID number on your drive (on the sticker) with no dashes.
04-21-2014 09:51 AM - edited 04-21-2014 11:26 AM
@UTKN What OS did you run it on?
This status MAY be returned as the status code of the SyncSession method or in response to the Authenticate method under one of the following conditions:
1) If an authority with the Operation column value of Password is being authenticated and its associated C_PIN object has a Tries column value equal to its TryLimit column value, and the TryLimit column is not set to 0; or
2) If the Uses column of the authority being authenticated has reached the value of its Limit column, and the Uses column is not set to 0.
Try powering down the computer, all the way off not just a reboot.
04-21-2014 11:21 AM - edited 04-21-2014 11:22 AM
If you havent already put data on the drive could you run the TestSuite.cmd on the drive?