Copyright Information and Trademark Guidelines
The materials contained on Micron's websites are protected by applicable copyright laws and trademark laws. See Micron's Copyright Information and Trademark Guidelines. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on Micron's websites may violate copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties. Micron vigilantly enforces its intellectual property rights and will actively seek the recovery of any costs and damages it may incur preventing the misuse or misappropriation of its property.
Permission is granted to download one (1) copy of the materials on Micron's websites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a limited and non-exclusive license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
(a) modify or further copy the materials;
(b) use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or noncommercial);
(c) attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Micron's websites;
(d) remove any copyright or other proprietary notices on the materials;
(e) transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" or "frame" the materials on any other website or server.
Note that certain materials and software made available for download on Micron's websites are subject to their own specific terms and conditions, and those terms and conditions applicable to such materials and software shall govern the download and use of such materials and software.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE MATERIALS ON MICRON'S WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. MICRON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING SUCH MATERIALS AND MICRON DISCLAIMS AND NEGATES ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES REGARDING SUCH MATERIALS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS. FURTHER, MICRON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ITS WEBSITES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH MATERIALS OR ON ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO OR FROM MICRON WEBSITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABLITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL MICRON OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA OR PROFITS, OR DUE TO BUSINESS INTERRUPTION,) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS ON MICRON'S WEBSITES, EVEN IF MICRON HAS BEEN NOTIFIED ORALLY OR IN WRITING OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, AND THEREFORE THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Micron's websites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Micron does not represent or warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete, or current. Micron may make changes to the materials contained on its websites at any time without notice. Micron does not, however, make any commitment to update such materials.
Any information, data, images, drawings, photographs, and/or other materials you transmit, submit or post (or which you transmitted, submitted or posted in the past) to any Micron website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary ("Submitted Information"). Micron will have no obligations with respect to the Submitted Information, and by transmitting, submitting or posting Submitted Information to any Micron website you hereby grant to Micron, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to disclose, distribute, display, perform, copy, reproduce, incorporate, prepare derivative works of, and/or otherwise use the Submitted Information for any and all commercial and non-commercial purposes, including without limitation in connection with the Micron websites.
Micron is not obligated to, but may in its sole discretion at any time and without notice, monitor or review any areas or locations on or in any of the Micron websites where users transmit, submit or post Submitted Information or communicate with others, including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards, blogs, or any other user forums ("Exchange Services"), and any of the content of any such Submitted Information or Exchange Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Micron may in its sole discretion at any time and without notice: (a) refuse to post or remove any or all such content; (b) terminate your access to and/or use of any or all of the Exchange Services (including termination due to repeat infringement of intellectual property laws); (c) modify or terminate any or all of the Exchange Services; and/or (d) disclose any such content or information as Micron deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. Micron, however, will have no liability relating to any of the content of any such Submitted Information or Exchange Services, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
Micron websites may contain links to third party websites. Such websites are maintained by other companies, individuals or agencies and links to these other websites are provided by Micron strictly as a convenience to users of Micron websites. These linked websites are not under the control of Micron, and Micron is not responsible for the accuracy of information on any such websites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply any endorsement by Micron of the linked third party website. Micron does not monitor or review the content of such third party websites and therefore any access to or use of any such linked third party website is at the user's sole and own risk. Micron may terminate any link(s) on any of the Micron websites at any time without notice.
All materials appearing anywhere on Micron's websites are protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. The copyright to such materials is held by Micron, or by the respective third party owner of the materials. None of the materials may be copied, reproduced, displayed, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means other than as expressly permitted herein or with Micron's express prior written approval. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Notices and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe that your work has been posted to a Micron website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Micron's Copyright Agent with the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Micron's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
c/o Micron Technology, Inc.
8000 S. Federal Way
Boise, Idaho 83707
If you believe that a copyright infringement notice has been wrongly filed against or delivered to you as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material, you may file a counter notification with Micron's Copyright Agent. The counter notification must provide the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
4. The subscriber's name, address, telephone number and email address, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
U.S. Government Restricted Rights
The materials on the Micron websites are provided with "RESTRICTED RIGHTS". Use, duplication, and/or disclosure by the United States Government of such materials is subject to the restrictions identified in FAR 52.227-14 and DFAR 252.227-7013 et seq. or its successor. All other use is prohibited without the express prior written approval of Micron. Use of any of the materials appearing on Micron's websites by the Government constitutes acknowledgment and acceptance of Micron's proprietary rights in such materials.
Micron's trademarks, service marks and logos ("Trademarks") represent intellectual property rights owned by Micron and as such are valued assets of Micron. These Trademarks are registered or unregistered Trademarks of Micron and must be used properly. Micron's Trademarks may be used publicly with permission only from Micron. Fair use of Micron's Trademarks in advertising and promotion of Micron products requires proper acknowledgement. Follow these Trademark Guidelines ("Guidelines") when using Micron's Trademarks in internal and external communications, documents and electronic messages. Other product names or trademarks, including those appearing on Micron's websites, that are not owned by Micron are for identification purposes only and may be the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners. No license or right is granted by Micron by implication, estoppel or otherwise to any such third party names or trademarks.
Applicability of Guidelines
These Guidelines apply to Micron employees, customers, licensees, consultants, outside vendors, and other third parties. Note that if you are a licensee of a Micron Trademark, the license agreement that you signed with Micron may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such case you should follow those specific guidelines provided within such license agreement. If you are a licensee, but have been provided no special guidelines, then follow these Guidelines.
List of Micron Trademarks
The list of Micron Trademarks provided here may be updated with new Trademark information and should be referred to regularly. Note that the list may not be comprehensive, and the omission of a Micron Trademark from the list does not represent any waiver of any intellectual property rights of Micron in and/or to such mark. If in doubt about whether or not a particular name, mark or logo is a Micron Trademark, or if you have any questions about the use of Micron's Trademarks, contact Micron's Legal Department for assistance.
Brilliant Memory Solutions®
Our Technology, Your Vision
The Memory ExpertsSM
Referring to Micron Products/Services
When referring to Micron products or services use the proper applicable Trademark, and ensure that such references: (i) are truthful, fair, and not misleading; and (ii) comply with these Guidelines. Note that these Guidelines may be modified by Micron from time-to-time in its sole discretion. Specifically, ensure that you:
1. follow the directives within these Guidelines;
2. use the appropriate trademark symbol and trademark acknowledgment of Micron's ownership of the particular Trademark;
3. do not incorporate Micron Trademarks into your own product trademarks, service marks, logos, or company names; and
4. do not adopt marks or logos that are confusingly similar to any Micron Trademarks.Use of Micron Trademarks
When using a Micron Trademark, ensure that you:
1. ALWAYS use such Trademark as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun (e.g. "Micron® NAND Flash memory is an excellent product"). Do NOT use a Trademark as a noun (e.g. "Micron® is an excellent product"). Do NOT pluralize a Trademark or make it possessive. Do NOT combine a Trademark with other words, symbols, or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen. Do NOT abbreviate a Trademark;
2. ALWAYS use the proper spelling and the proper trademark symbol (®, or SM as applicable). For the trademark symbol, use the superscript format, but if this is not possible, then use parentheses ((R), (TM) or (SM) as applicable); and
3. ALWAYS use Micron Trademarks in the way they were intended to be used. Do not use Micron Trademarks for products or services for which they were not originally intended. Do not alter a Micron Trademark in any way.
Identification of Micron Trademarks
In letters, memos, press releases, white papers, advertising, slides, foils, video, and other multimedia presentations, ensure that you:
1. properly identify (with ®, or SM as applicable) each Micron Trademark at the most prominent use (often in the headline) and again in the first occurrence. For presentation graphics, each Micron Trademark should be designated with the proper trademark symbol on each page, slide, and foil;
2. in newsletters, magazines, and publications containing multiple articles, properly identify each Micron Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines and in the first occurrence in every article in which it is used;
3. in brochures, financial reports, books, white papers, data sheets, technical documentation, and other bound documents, properly identify each Micron Trademark in the first occurrence in the Table of Contents, in headlines, and in the first occurrence in text;
4. in all charts and graphs, properly identify each Micron Trademark, as such charts and graphs could become separated, copied and used independently; and
5. in all Micron Trademark tag lines (e.g. "Our Technology, Your Vision."), always use the proper trademark symbol in every such reference.
Proper Use Examples of Micron Trademarks
Micron® memory device
Crucial® memory module
SpecTek® memory component
Crucial® Ballistix® memory module
Acknowledgement of Micron Trademarks
Ensure that you include a proper trademark ownership notice that identifies each Micron Trademark used as being owned by Micron Technology, Inc. (e.g. "Micron and the Micron orbit logo are trademarks of Micron Technology, Inc." "Aptina and the Aptina logos are trademarks of Aptina Imaging Corporation.") If you are a licensee of a Micron Trademark, the license agreement that you signed with Micron may contain specific notice, acknowledgment and other requirements and restrictions. Refer to your license agreement for such specific requirements and restrictions.
Use of "Micron" as a Trademark vs. Trade name
"Micron" is not only a trademark used to identify Micron's products and services, it also serves as Micron's company name. Therefore, the word "Micron" is generally used in two (2) different ways: (i) as a trade name to identify Micron Technology, Inc. the company; or (ii) as a trademark to identify its various products. "Micron" is used as a trade name when Micron Technology, Inc. the company is taking some action or referenced as having some attribute (e.g. "Micron announced its earnings for this quarter"). When referenced as a trade name, there is no need to include a trademark symbol after "Micron". "Micron" is used as a trademark when Micron is an adjective used as a brand name for its products (e.g. "Micron® NAND Flash devices are aimed at mobile and consumer applications"). When referenced as a trademark, include the proper trademark symbol after "Micron".
Links to Micron Websites
Any link to a Micron website from a different website must conform to these Guidelines and the following additional rules:
1. unless Micron provides you with express prior authorization in writing, any link to a Micron website must use only one of the Trademark logos displayed below;
2. Micron grants you a limited and non-exclusive license to use these logos, but does not transfer title in these logos to you. The logos may only be used as an active link to the related Micron website;
3. any link to a Micron website must only be to the respective Micron website's home page. No "deep linking" to any other page(s) on any Micron website is permitted without Micron's express prior authorization in writing;
4. you may not use the logos below to imply in any way that Micron has sponsored or endorsed your website or any of the products or services referenced on your website without receiving Micron's express prior authorization in writing;
5. you may not alter the logos in any way, including proportions or colors and may not animate or morph the logos to change their appearance;
6. you may not use the logos on any website that disparages Micron or its products or services in any way;
7. the logos may only be used on website pages that make accurate reference to Micron, its products and/or services. The logos must be placed on the same page as the reference to Micron and as close to the reference as feasible;
8. Micron may, in its sole discretion, terminate your right to use any or all of these logos at any time and for any reason. Micron may take action against any use of the logos that does not conform to the requirements set out herein or that infringes any right held by Micron, and Micron will actively seek the recovery of any costs it may incur preventing any such misuse or damages that may result from such misuse.
* Crucial has security measures in place to keep your personal information secure.
* Crucial does not sell your personal information to other companies.
Crucial's site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including without limitation protecting information behind a firewall within a perimeter network and, encrypting your ordering information during transmission.
Registration and order forms
If you choose to register with Crucial or to place an order with us, we may ask that you provide us with contact information (first and last name, e-mail address and telephone number), financial information (account or credit card numbers), demographic information (address, age, or income level), and unique identifiers (tax ID number), information about where you learned of our products and information about your intended use of our products. We do not purge customer information on a regular basis, so information you provide us will remain in our systems for an indefinite amount of time. We may use your contact information to send you information about us and to contact you when necessary. If you do not want to receive any mailings from us, please see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information is used only to bill you for products. Demographic information may be used to tailor your experience at our sites, showing you information that we think you might be interested in, and presenting information according to your preferences. We may use demographic information to develop summary - but not individual - reports for our advertisers so that they may determine how effective their advertising investments are. We never tell our advertisers who it was that saw or clicked on their advertisements, unless you have specifically told us that this is acceptable. In addition, our sales and marketing departments may also use demographic information, information about where you learned of our products and information about your intended use of our products to improve our advertising and marketing efforts and to measure interest in our products. We may use unique identifiers to verify our resellers and customers and to allow customers to identify themselves to us.
Surveys and contests
Crucial may invite you to participate in online surveys or contests. Participation is never required. If you choose to participate, you may be asked to disclose contact and demographic information as well as additional information about you and/or your company. We may use this information to send you information about our company, contact you when necessary, tailor your experience at our site, display information according to your preferences and improve our Web sites, products and advertising. If you do not want to receive any mailings from us, please see the choice/opt-out section below. This information may be shared with our advertisers on a summary, not individual, basis.
Crucial may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to you. Because any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, you should exercise caution when deciding whether to disclose your personal information.
You may be able to request information on our sites regarding our products and services, including technical support and customer service, by using online forms. We ask that you provide certain contact information to allow us to fulfill your request and to send you information about Crucial's products and services. If you do not want to receive any mailings from us, please see the choice/opt-out section below.
Although Crucial's site is not geared towards children, Crucial nonetheless attempts to protect children. Crucial must, however, rely on the information provided to us by visitors to our sites. As a result, it is impossible for us to guarantee with absolute certainty that the information collected and utilized by Crucial is not derived from a child. The following sets forth Crucial's policy with respect to the collection and/or use of children's information:
* For purposes of this Policy, a "child" is an individual age 12 or younger
* We do not collect children's contact information without prior parental consent, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and for no other purpose.
* We do not collect children's personally identifiable offline contact information without prior parental consent.
* We do not distribute children's personal information to any third party without prior parental consent.
* We do not provide the ability to publicly post or otherwise transmit information that could be used to identify a child without prior parental consent.
* We do not entice children by the prospect of a special game, prize, or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, administer our sites, and gather broad demographic information to measure general interest in our products and to share with our advertisers on a summary, not individual, basis.
Our Web servers may place small bits of text or "cookies" onto your computer's hard drive and memory. Cookies enable us to identify you so you do not have to re-enter certain information each time you visit our sites and allow us to keep track of your shopping choices. Often we use third-party services to help us measure the effectiveness of our Web site. These companies may place third-party cookies on your hard drive to help us analyze the traffic on our Web site and better meet our customers' needs. This does not give Crucial or any other company access to your personal information or other information on your computer. We do not track or store any personally identifiable information. If you are concerned, you can set your browser to decline third-party cookies, or you can delete these cookies from your hard drive.
We may supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For example, Crucial may use information that we purchase from a database marketing information firm to enhance our understanding of the information that you provide.
Links to other sites
Crucial's site contains links to other sites. Crucial is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Crucial is part of a group of companies owned by Micron Technology, Inc. Crucial does not sell uniquely identifiable customer information to any other business or organization outside the Micron group of companies.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service.
Contacting the Web site
Our site provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at any point where we request information. To change or cancel your Crucial newsletter subscriptions, visit our newsletter subscription page. If you have any problems canceling your e-mail subscriptions, please contact us at 800-336-8915 (US and Canada only) or 208-363-5790. Or you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to change or modify information you have previously provided to us, simply log in to your password-protected account. Once you are logged in, you will see links that will allow you to update your address book, e-mail subscriptions, password, and customer profile. (This list may change over time as our Web site is updated.) If you do not have a password-protected account with Crucial, you can modify your e-mail subscriptions on our e-mail subscription page. If you have any problems or questions about updating information you have previously provided, please contact us at 800-336-8915 (US and Canada only) or 208-363-5790. Or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
* Compliance Hotline
If you have questions or concerns regarding use of your privacy information, please contact us first using one of the methods above. If you are still dissatisfied, you may call our Compliance Hotline at (866) 294-5593 in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, for other international numbers click here. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry is not satisfactorily addressed, you should contact BBBonline: Dispute Resolution (703) 247-9370 or 4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800, Arlington, VA 22203. BBB will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your privacy concerns.
* U.S. Commerce Department Safe Harbor Principles
Micron adheres to the U.S. Commerce Department Safe Harbor Principles. Information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor certification can be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor.