Asus Strix z270e & Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) Help

Kilobyte Kid

Asus Strix z270e & Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) Help

Hello

I have been getting an IRQL and/or a memory management bsod once a day within 20 minutes of boot (with XMP enabled and without). It appears to trigger at random and I have been unable to trigger it by any specific action. Is there a compatability issue? Or could it maybe be solved with some tweaking? I am not overclocking anything. 

This is my first build so I may be missing something obvious.

Setup:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Intel Core i7 7700K

Asus Strix z270e Gaming (https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-STRIX-Z270E-GAMING/) (updated to latest bios)

GeForce GTX 1070 @139MHz

x2(8g) - Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: BLS8G4D240FSCK.8FBD

x2(8g) - Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) - XMP 2.0 - P/N: BLS8G4D240FSC.16FBD

Tests I have run (all with no errors):

Memtest (individual sticks - 8 passes, all sticks - 8 passes)

Driver Verifier

Windows Memory Diagnostic

Furmark 

Chkdsk

Dism

Secure erase and clean Windows 10 install

All drivers up to date, to my knowledge

Please let me know of any additional information I can provide. Thanks so much!

1 Reply
Crucial Employee

Re: Asus Strix z270e & Crucial Technology 8192 MB (DDR4-2400) Help

I noticed the memory parts you are using are different. The FSCK.8FBD are what we call high density parts vs the standard FSC.16FBD. You can typically can mix density just fine, but you really should make sure the memory isn't mixed in the same memory channel. Basically keep the same parts in the same colored memory slots; also refer to the ASUS manual to make sure the cards are in the correct channel.

Otherwise have you tested the kits one at a time see if you can narrow it down to a fault in a pair, or perhaps it is a mixing issue? Also test a pair in each memory channel for a possible channel issue on the board?

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?