Ballistic tracer rgb and Aura

Bit Baby

Ballistic tracer rgb and Aura

Hi i have some tracer rgb and your site says its Aura compatible. How do you make the memory lights sync with Aura? Also the MOD software seems to crash on occasion causing a complete pc freeze. Lots of errors in the event viewer due to MOD. 

Motherboard is a Asus Maximus Hero..Cpu i8700k

Thanks

12 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Ballistic tracer rgb and Aura

Hello Valliant72, and thanks for posting on our community forums! The development team is still working on the Aura compatibility, so currently there is not a way to sync the lights. I would suggest checking for MOD Utility updates occasionally, because once the Aura compatibility gets figured out, it will be implemented into a release of the MOD Utility.

If you are having the MOD software crash on occasion, I would suggest completely uninstalling the MOD Utility and then restarting the computer. After the computer restarts, download the latest version of the MOD Utility at the link below and then see if you are still experiencing issues.

https://ballistixgaming.com/downloads/mod-utility-ddr4.html

Bit Baby

Could you explain to me why when looking at your Crucial site for this memory it states that it works with Asus Aura and other motherboard led systems, so this would false advertising as it seems now that it doesnt work with Asus Aura.

Also the mod software has to be run at every start up or the leds stay one color and there's no way for it to start up in the background, always having to close the program. Even uninstalling and reinstalling it still throws event errors including one for net runtime. Will any of this be resolved or may have to return and look elsewhere?

Thanks

EuZ
Bit Baby

I`m having the same problem and i bought this RAM just because of it`s compatibility with Aura that is saying on the site. Tottally disappointed.

But if you are working on it,Do you have, at least, any kind of forecast?

Bit Baby

Same problem here...

NO aura support as stated and terrible Mod Utility software!! :-/

That program always freezes after 10 sec !!

pls UPDATE that MOD UTILITY!!! THX!!

Andy

Kilobyte Kid

Hi Crucial Community,

I am experiencing the same issue.  The manufacturer page clearly states that the product "IS" (not "will be") compatible with Asus Aura software.  This is false advertising.  I chose this product solely because of this feature instead of many cheaper products with the same performance that don't charge a premium for luxury features that are actually imaginary. 

Please advise me on how to pursue a full refund.  Thanks!

Heracleidus 

Community Manager

@Heracleidus I am sorry for the issues you've experienced with our RAM and MOD utility. If you order directly with us we have a 45 day return period for full money back. Please set up your return here or by contacting us directly using the info in my link.  If you purchased through a different vendor you will need to contact them for their return policy. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
Kilobyte Kid

Bit Baby

In my case, I am unable to even get the MOD utility to run on 2 clean installations of Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with just drivers and updates installed.

Like the many users here, I too am stuck with a pair of Ballistix Tactical Tracers which have passed the 30-day return window and it is unethical to claim compatibility when such a feature isn't ready yet.

Kilobyte Kid

AURA can't sync Ballistix Tatical Tracer RGB 2x8GB 2666 like you say in the official's product page... How to?