Ballistix sport SODIMM cooler

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Ballistix sport SODIMM cooler

Recently I bought a pair of Ballistix sport LT SODIMMs and instead of cooling radiators I found plastic stickers on them, looking similar to radiators. Is that normal or are these modules faked?

2 Replies
Crucial Employee

Re: Ballistix sport SODIMM cooler

Do you have a picture of the memory? What's the BL part number of the parts you purchased on your invoice?

Ballistix sport for DDR3 and SODIMM parts have basically a raised plastic badge, which does not help with thermal performance, it's solely there for aesthetics, to look "cool". With all other types of Ballistix memory however, there is some form of metal heatspreader which does facilitate cooling.

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: Ballistix sport SODIMM cooler

@urapoh wrote:

Recently I bought a pair of Ballistix sport LT SODIMMs and instead of cooling radiators I found plastic stickers on them, looking similar to radiators. Is that normal or are these modules faked?

I bought this ram for regular laptop and you know they can't tell a difference but on this I did tell a difference immediately especially with response time. One thing I don't like and don't understand is why ddr4 2666 is all single rank and dual rank memory when it's been proven that dual rank is better but anyway if you only have 1 memory slot I highly recommend this ram.