Compatibility problem Ballistix sports - Ryzen 5 2600 and Asus primeb450m-a

Kilobyte Kid

Compatibility problem Ballistix sports - Ryzen 5 2600 and Asus primeb450m-a

Hi guys,I have been having some troubles with a new PC wich i built recently. The specs are:

- Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- Motherboard Asus Prime B450m-a
- RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2666MHZ 1x8GB (BLS8G4D26BFSBK)
- PSU Thermaltake TR2 500W (From my previous PC)
- Video EVGA GTX 750 ti (Previous PC)
- HD SSD Crucial BX300 128GB
- HD WD Black 500gb 7200rpm (Previos PC)
- Thermaltake Versa j21

After install Windows 10 PRO 64 bits I have been experienced randomly BSOD with the message "Memory Management". The BSOD appears on rare occasions but it keeps showing up. I have tried this things so far:

- Update my BIOS to lastest available version in the ASUS website
- Move the RAM module to another slot and between the 2 channels
- Test RAM with memtest86 and Windows memory diagnostic (no errors found)

- Enable DOCP profile on BIOS

- Manually configuration of latencys ( 16 - 18 - 18 - 38 - 61)
- Crystal Disk and SSD Life for SSD testing (all good aparently)
- Exhaustive test on the WD HD with WD tool included in hirens boot (no errors found)
- Nvidia drivers updated to last version available
- Motherboards drivers updated to last version from Asus website (including chipset driver)
- SO re installation (SSD HD format included)
- Windows 10 PRO updated

Thanks for your time and sorry for my english, any idea would be appreciated. Cheers!

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Compatibility problem Ballistix sports - Ryzen 5 2600 and Asus primeb450m-a

@franzkrauzer Thanks for contacting us. I am sorry for the delay in reply.  It sounds like you have tried a lot of troubleshooting steps already and these memory modules do appear to be compatible with your system, so I think it best to contact our tech support department directly, so we can investigate this further for you. Our contact details can be found in my signature. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?

Want to enter our contest for December? More info can be found here.
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Compatibility problem Ballistix sports - Ryzen 5 2600 and Asus primeb450m-a

@franzkrauzer  I know the early Ryzen motherboards (all brands) had memory issues which I believe most of the issues were resolved with later firmware updates, but I think there may still be some stability/compatibility issues even with the B450 series.   I saw some posts where people ran the RAM at a lower speed (2400) and another where someone actually lowered the voltage for the RAM to make it work.  I wouldn't advise to raise the voltage without knowing what you are doing since that could damage the RAM and void the warranty.

Since the BSOD references a Memory Management issue, it would seem to be memory related or perhaps power related since that will affect it as well.  While testing the system, you should remove any unneccessary items from the motherboard.    Do you have another power supply you could test?  And try connecting to another electrical outlet especially one not shared with an appliance or laser printer, etc. which might cause a blip in the power to your system.

Also if the BX300 is your boot drive, check the SMART Attributes on the BX300 for reallocated blocks and other errors which might not trigger a health failure yet.   Run a chkdsk on the boot drive (no need for the bad block scan if using an SSD) and run a "sfc /scannow" check of the Windows system files just to be safe.   Doubtful this is the cause, but it is good to double check just to be safe.

You might want to try running Prime95 in Torture Test mode as it can test & stress your CPU and memory (and power supply/motherboard) which might help to reproduce the failure more quickly while you are testing various fixes.  There is an option which focuses mostly on the CPU, one to focus more on memory and a third which is a mix.

Please update us if you find a solution as I am planning to build a couple of Ryzen systems soon.