Crucial Ballistix 184 Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 LED

Kilobyte Kid

Crucial Ballistix 184 Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 LED

This is such a huge long shot but does anyone still have these? I've been searching for so long and I just can't find them. I know they're quite old now and even then was a bit niche. But I love blinkenlights and as soon as I found out that these even existed I wanted to try them out. I'm a huge fan of the Ballistic Tactical Tracer DDR3 kits because of the blinkenlights.  I've wanted to try them out on my Gigabyte i-RAM devices, to add a bit more lights on them just for fun. Stuff like this makes me happy.  But I feel like I've searched everywhere and posted as many other places as I could think of and nothing has come up. I just can't find anyone that still has these.  I don't know if it's against the rules, but I would love to grab these off anyone if they still have them.

20-146-029-0120-146-029-03

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: Crucial Ballistix 184 Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 LED

I wasn't even aware we made DDR Tracer memory, this is the first time I have ever seen a picture of them.  Looks like these went EOL in 2008, so they've been out of production for over ten years by now. I personally have some DDR2 Tracer still in it's origonal clam shell at home which I will be adding to my memory antique collection Smiley Happy

Seeing that gaming memory wasn't very popular back in DDR days, and the price on these would be significantly more expensive compare to non blinky parts, I am not surprised it's next to impossible to find any. I would suggest setting up an alert on ebay in the hopes that someone posts some for sale down the road, it's probably the only place you may ever be able to find any. We don't even have any parts sitting around here at our office as far as I know.

Good luck with your search!

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

I wish I had known about them sooner!   Ahh shame.  I will definitely be on the look out and show off the end result if I ever get them. I'm running out of hope though. =/    I just bought the DDR2 variant on eBay just to have too because I'm just a big fan of the designs.  Do you think you could help me a bit in giving me the model numbers of the kits or any other info about what existed for those models?  I'm not positive about all the variants out there. I think I've found three different versions of the DDR1 LED kits.  Are these all of them and accurate?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146029

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146035

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146546

The one with the yellow heat spreader doesn't seem to be LED based since not mentioned on any of the posts but I saw some pictures of the PCB and it did seem to have surface mounted LEDs on top; not positive about this. 

CiI0vxl2.jpg

Crucial Employee

Here is screenshot of the product sheet. We only made two versions of the part, a 512MB and a 1GB, the part numbers are listed in the screenshot.

It does look like the heatspreader had two variations, the one in your original post is an older version that wasn't produced for very long. The part numbers are the same for both versions as far as I know. The third newegg link btw is for a regular Ballistix part, it's a non-Tracer version.

ddr ballistix.PNG

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?