Dual channel resulting in a Memory Management BSOD, but not single Channel

Bit Baby

Dual channel resulting in a Memory Management BSOD, but not single Channel

So I have a problem, both CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8gb RAM module work fine and I've tested the DIMM slots on my PRIME B350 PLUS Motherboard. However as the title says, I can fully boot up without a problem with only 1 8gb stick in, however as soon as I do Dual Channel, I cannot get to desktop and I get a Memory Management BSOD. Any help?

Specs:
RYZEN 1500X QUAD CORE
ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS
CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 16GB (2x8GB) KIT
MSI GTX 970
KINGSTON 120GB SSD
2 Replies
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Dual channel resulting in a Memory Management BSOD, but not single Channel

Make sure your motherboard firmware is up to date.   I believe there were some fixes for memory issues.

Set your BIOS/UEFI settings to their defaults.   If the default memory settings don't work, try setting the memory speed a little slower.

Crucial Employee

Re: Dual channel resulting in a Memory Management BSOD, but not single Channel

@HWTech's suggestions are good. I would also experiment with running XMP mode vs auto timings to see if that makes any difference. Your motherboard may also let you run the memory in your second channel, if you can do this and it works fine in a dual channel setting that could indicate a slot or other memory interface issue with the board.

I would also run a memtest either through windows or with a tool like Memtest x86 to make sure there isn't anything apparently wrong with the modules.

Crucial_Benny, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?