Looking for 4 gig single sided RAM

Bit Baby

Looking for 4 gig single sided RAM

Hello,

I am looking to see if there are any RAM chips in the following format that are single sided:  4 gig 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)

The reason I am looking for this RAM type is due to the motherboard chipset restriction I have encountered when trying to use the 2nd slots on the following motherboard:  http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.de.asp?Model=H61M-GE&cat=Specifications

I've read info that if the chip is 2.0V or has an 8 in the model number after the period it would mean they are single sided.  I looked through all the 4 gig sticks for either of these and did not find any.  Does this mean that single sided RAM does not exist in a 4 gig stick with the 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) specfications? 

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Looking for 4 gig single sided RAM

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not manufacturer 8 chip versions of this 4GB module & you may find this is the case with most manufacturer's.  Please also note that the voltage of these parts is actually 1.5V rather than 2.0V.

We do have your motherboard listed with the parts showing as compatible if you want to go ahead & try them you do have a 45 day moneyback guarantee if the chipset does restrict your upgrade options.

UK Store

US Store

It may also be worth contacting the manufacturer about this limitation to see if there is anything you can do to get around it or if they plan to release any BIOS updates etc.

Thanks

Maulmod, Crucial Moderator UK

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France | Global
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
We want your feedback! Post in the Suggestion Box
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service