MOD Utility crashes

Bit Baby

MOD Utility crashes

Program becomes unresponsive at the same time as LED's on RAM sticks stop animating or changing colors.

Faulting application name: MOD.exe, version: 2.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x5c3cad83
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292, time stamp: 0x02385dc9
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0011b022
Faulting process id: 0x1300
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b6e7a90ba314
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Crucial\Ballistix MOD Utility\MOD.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 53c1d60b-ef3d-4abf-8257-845763215e73
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Application: MOD.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at MODAPI.Leds.Ddr4EneGen2.SetHostSyncEnabled(System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<MODAPI.Module>, Boolean)
   at MOD.App.Finalize()

1 Reply
Highlighted
Crucial Employee

Re: MOD Utility crashes

Thank you for contacting us.  I apologize for the wait on a response.  When MOD utility crashes or becomes unresponsive it is typically a sign that something else is running on your system that is trying to monitor or control other devices in your PC, whether this be from hardware monitoring tools or separate tools that control other aspects of your PC like fans or lighting. 

To start troubleshooting this issue, you will want to make sure you have the latest version of the MOD utility installed.  You will then want to close out of all other programs that could be affecting the MOD utility from having control of the system.  From this point you can start to open programs that you typically use on a daily basis and see if there is a particular piece of software or feature that causes the program to stop functioning.  Once we know what program is causing the issues, we can then avoid running both tools at the same time to avoid the issue that you are seeing.  If this does not solve the issue or you have further questions, we ask that you provide what you have found so that we can continue to troubleshoot the issue with you.  We look forward to hearing from you.

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?