New Ballistix Tracer DDR4 - No Activity driven LED?

Kilobyte Kid

New Ballistix Tracer DDR4 - No Activity driven LED?

The DDR3 Ballistix Tracer had memory activity driven LED's. Its nice that DDR4 now has RGB leds also, but it was specifically the activity driven LED's i was hoping for. Infact, i made a thread for it thinking this was what we were waiting for, and was what I and others discussed. It was marked as solved for the same reason. (https://forums.crucial.com/t5/Ballistix-gaming-memory/Ballistix-Tactical-Tracer-for-DDR4/td-p/170904)

No-one else does this feature, which is what made me buy Crucial in the first place. Now Crucial are simply providing what many other manufacturers have (prectable pattern driven LED's... )

Will activity driven LED's ever be implemented for DDR4 Ballistix Tracer? Otherwise Crucial as a brand are no different from others in terms of offering.

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re: New Ballistix Tracer DDR4 - No Activity driven LED?

@captrench Thanks for your post and your feedback. We don't have any set plans for activity driven lights, but that doesn't mean it will not happen. Sorry I can't provide a clearer answer! 

YogiH, Crucial Moderator, US

FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?
Kilobyte Kid

Re: New Ballistix Tracer DDR4 - No Activity driven LED?

No problem, thank you for the response. I think its great that Crucial is now offering the same RGB LED's that others do, but i think its a shame that to do so, they stopped providing a feature that was there with DDR3, effectively making themselves the same in terms of features as all their competition.

I hope that activity driven LED's make a return in Crucials DDR4 memory, so that once again they can differentiate themselves from the competition.

Cheers Crucial_YogiH

Captrench