Pairing a Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory BLE8G4D26AFEA

Kilobyte Kid

Pairing a Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory BLE8G4D26AFEA

Hi Guys,

I wanted to ask a legitimate question about pairing my Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory (BLE8G4D26AFEA). This is a single 8GB ram module that i am currently using in my system and I am planning on buying another of this memory module same part number to have a Dual Channel setup.

Is this going to be an issue or will there be an issue to achieve a Dual Channel setup? Because technically there is a Dual Channel memory kit of the same memory speed 16GB Kit (2x8GB) (BLE2K8G4D26AFEA).

Here is the link of the specs for reference: https://cc.cnetcontent.com/inlinecontent/mediaserver/m93/893/a86/893a8623de9b47cdbe567139abf8cd9a/or...

1 Reply
Crucial Employee

Re: Pairing a Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory BLE8G4D26AFEA

Thank you for contacting Crucial and for your question.  You will not run into any issues if you purchase another stick of Ballistix RAM using the exact same part number.  You will be able to install the new stick and instantly get the benefits of dual channel without tweaking or changing any settings in the system.  Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns so that we can assist you further.

Crucial_Ryan, Micron CPG Support, US

How do I know what memory to buy?
Shop for your region: US | UK | EU | France |
I think my memory is bad. What do I do now?
FAQs and Top Forum Solutions
Did a user help you? Say thanks by giving Kudos!
Still need help? Contact Customer Service
Want to be a Super User?