Question about memory reference and crash issues

Highlighted
Bit Baby

Question about memory reference and crash issues

Hello i have bought a new PC (build by a company) and there is some Ballistix RAM inside.

I have some crashes in game and I think this is mostly due to the graphic card. However i'm not sure about it and I would like to verify some things that might be "bad".

First of all I have ran a benchmark of my PC and it gave me this reference : BLS4G4D240FSB.8FBD2

On MSI forum someone told be the 2 modules were not compatible just with this reference, so anyone does know the exact signification of the letters and numbers in this reference ?

Secondly, the company sent me the box of the RAM and I see a different reference on this box (not the same that appears with the bench), this reference is : BLS2C4G4D240FSB.

Is it normal to have a different reference between the benchmark and the box ? 

So the graphical card will be replaced, and i am running a gtx 760 at the moment meanwhile they send another one. 

I don't have thoses crash issues with this card but i can't be sure this is the card because rtx 2070 is like 3 or 4 more powerful than a gtx 760...

The RAM is a line of though for me because when i was running a game even with the lower graphic parameters the RAM usage was rising drastically by example World of warcraft usage was like 5 or 6 Gb which is very huge in my opinion...

My configuration is : 

- psu model : COOLER MASTER MWE 750 WATT 80+ GOLD
- CG : MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GDDR6
- Kit : Crucial Ballistix 2X4 Go pc 2400mhz (Crucial BLS4G4D240FSB.8FBD2 2x4GB)
- Bios version :  7B86v14

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
MSI Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
Samsung 970 EVO 500 Gb

Motherboard MSI B450 GAMING PLUS

If someone has explanations i'll be very greatful ! 

Thanks in advance,

Best regards.

1 Reply
JEDEC Jedi

Re: Question about memory reference and crash issues

If your system is running fine now with another video card, then that is the most likely source of your problems.   

I know there were some issues with various RAM when Ryzen first launched especially when going above 2400, but I think most of those issues have been resolved with motherboard firmware updates.  Check to make sure the firmware on your PC is up to date.

The best way to test a system is by stressing individual components.  You may want to monitor your system's various temperature sensors & fan speeds during some of these tests in case you have a cooling issue.  Some useful options are:

1)  Memtest86

2)  Prime95 (Torture Test).  See this for a bit more information.

3)  GPUTest

4)  Unigine Superposition, Valley, and Heaven

These are good multiplatform options.  I know Windows users have a few more options available as well, but I am not personally familiar with them.